Campagnolo Daytona Cranksets

• Exa-Drive Chainrings: 39 x 52 - 42 x 52 - 39 x 53

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 04, 2002]
    Leisure

Strength:

Better stiffness than I expected, good shifting and overall good value.

Well, I suppose they're not available in a splined format.

Seeing as thyese were a good bit thinner than my flexy LX mountain cranks, I wasn't expecting too much from the Daytonas. Somehow they manage to be stiffer than I expected, albeit not quite as stiff as newer Hollowtech dealies. Not bad, though, easpecially given that they're cheap. They also shift pretty well. I honestly expected Shimano to have a handy advantage here, but these certainly didn't lag. I had a good LBS setting me up, though. If you're on a budget these won't hold you back. I figure I'll eventually go for some flashy super-stiff FSA pros, but since these are working pretty well I'm not in any hurry.

Hollowtechs (a bit stiffer), FSA carbons (phenominally stiff and $$$)

[Jan 17, 2002]
    weiwentg

Strength:

cheap ''n good

great cranks - roughly same weight as the Ultegras - at a great price. I got the ''01 9-speed cranks at closeout price. no problems with flex - but I''m pretty light.

[Jul 31, 2000]
    Everett

Strength:

Beautiful finish, same chain rings as record and chorus, plenty stiff;

A bit heavy compared with the hollow-tech Shimano.

I bought the frame separately and a friend gave me the 600 group with 175 cranks. I got the these cranks because I needed 172.5 cranks. I am big Campy fan with a full Record bike, so I went with Daytona for new cranks. Best bang for your buck. Nicer finish than 105 and vastly superior feel and stiffness to the old Ultegra 600 cranks they replaced. The BB was also noticablly smoother and the overall feel is great. I can't rate it a 5 (the best) but a great value for the money. If you are on a budget and want good solid components, that look good and will last - go DAYTONA!

Ultegra, Record, Dura Ace, Superb Pro, etc.