Campagnolo Veloce Cranksets

• Also Available in Triple Ring Crankset

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 09, 2016]
    Paul W.

Strength:

Strong, Light, good-looking, Italian, Silver.

Graphics wear off

I've had this crank on my bike since 2000, when I had it installed at the LBS. Sixteen years later, I've never had the b.b. serviced, but it spins just as nice as the day I got it (I don't ride in the rain if I can help it). My bike is a 1989, so this 53-39 crank looks just right. Comparing the weights with the newer stuff, there is no reason for me to ever upgrade. This year, I am running Stronglight 5053 rings on it. This crank is a champ.

Araya (stock)

[Jul 06, 2007]
    nagatahawk

Strength:

veloce Crankset. and shifting.

the logo is designed to peel off the Crankset. I prefer anodized logo.

Chris at Summit, gave me a pro-rated trade in price on my 105 groupo.
    I got everything including wheelsets for 850 including labor.
    The new 2007 style Crankset rocks. It has a hollow bottom bracket that is part of the crankset, with enterlocking splines. This is the best part of the groupo. very stiff, and spins like perpetual motion. shifing is very short crisp. best ever. braking I upgraded to record.
    Khamsin Wheel sets

105 groupo.

[Aug 09, 2000]
    Al Murray

Strength:

Low price and lighter than ultegra

Non -yet

The Italians have a great skill in component manufacturing. These cranks and rings suprised me, they are in the middle of the component line and weigh in at 30 grams lighter than the Shimano Ultegra cranks. The graphics scratch up a bit, but I tend to be a bit rough on things. I have about 2800 miles on them and change my chain twice a year to keep the rings in good shape. Don't be fooled by the lower price these cranks preform like the record cranks.

Ultegra 600 and New Ultegra

[Sep 13, 2000]
    John O'Neill

Strength:

Weight, quality and Price

the 2000 Veloce crank set (including rings) are not as nice looking at my 1997 Veloce crank set. There is less shine and the new veloce ring just have a cheap Shimano RSX look to them.

Still one of the best buys in cycling. The older Veloce just had a classier look than the newer version. The chain rings look much cheaper than previous years.

several other cranks

[Sep 30, 2000]
    Jesse Smith

Strength:

Price

Mine didn't hold up too well.

My right crank bent after a year. I only weight 140 lbs. My Torelli has Italian threaded BB, which came loose a couple of times. I'm not sure if this could contribute to the crank bending. When I pedal hard in the big ring I could see it move a full 3/4 cm outward when I pushed down with the right foot. I changed to an Ultegra crank and now I can't see any side-to-side movement.

Ultegra

[Mar 20, 2001]
    Sean Chapman

Strength:

Nice and stiff

The Campag logo wears off quickly

These cranks make for a nice smooth ride. They feel stiff when standing to climb (I'm over 200 lbs and have felt some flex with other cranks). The 39-53 teeth provide a nice range of ratios.

I'm not sure what the price is like - they came with my bike.

After a few hundred miles the logo has started to wear off, but to be fair I had my MTB pedals and shoes on them for a while and it is possible that the bulky shoe might have rubbed against the crank and contributed to this somewhat....

Various Shimano