FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue Cranksets

FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue Cranksets

New for 2002, the Team Issue crankset takes carbon fiber technology to the next level. Featuring a one-piece crankarm and spider, this new crankset offers increased stiffness and strength, even over our Carbon Pro crankset. Available for Octalink, ISIS Drive, or ISO (Campagnolo) bottom brackets.

[May 22, 2006]
Marcus75

Strength:

Considerably cheaper than campy or Shimano high end cranks! Pretty light weight. Its cool looking. Shifts well with Shimano!

Non so far!

This is a considerable upgrade from my Ulegra crankset. Since I bought a high end carbon frame, this compliments it perfectly. It works smoothly with my Ultegra 9 speed and its pretty stiff. I'm 200lb and can hammer this out of the gate with ease! I road over 1000 miles and no problem.

Shimano Ultegra crank

[Feb 09, 2005]
AJS

Strength:

~ Lower weight/less filling than some (not all) Al cranksets. ~ Looks good/tastes good. ~ Not obscenely expensive like some other CF cranks. ~ Withstand my bulk, so they'll probably handle yours.

~ Q is eFFed compared to Campy.

I've been using these since Sep. '04 with a TruVative Giga Pipe Team SL BB and have around 2k miles on them. I use 175mm crankarms & and currently 52/39. I weigh a little over 200 lbs. and I wouldn't say there's a "huge" difference in stiffness over Campy's Record BB & Al cranks or TruVativ's Al Elita & BB. To be honest, I think of these 3, the Elita's felt the most crisp and responsive under my legs than the other 2. But all 3 were mounted on different bikes so the different BB shells and frame stiffness would come into play. It's all pretty subjective. (BTW, a plug for Sam at Greenfish on the FSA's- great guy to deal with and if I told ya what I paid I'd have to kill ya.) Biggest complaint I have - and this is just personal preference - is the wider Q-factor of the 108mm ISIS system. I've been used to riding Campy's tight 102mm BB's for so long that switching to another system has been a matter of adjustment, although there are still times when the wider Q is annoying. -1 for that in my book. YMMV. Shifting with a Campy 10v drivetrain is very good, just a tad less quick and precise than Campy cranksets, nothing major to squawk about. I would have liked the yellow graphics like their brother's the Superlights have instead of red. :-( But they look great otherwise. Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

As mentioned above; Shimano Ultegra 9v, XT, & XTR; older cranks back in the days when I didn't care...

[Oct 05, 2004]
bcportlandrider

Strength:

Weight, price, value, no flex.

Clear coat may crack.

I bought these last year and waited to put up the review. This review is for the FSA Team Pro Carbon, ISIS bracket. Verdict: the best bang for your buck in carbon cranks. Much lighter than my 105s, and shifts great. One thing: when LBS installed them, the clear coat around the peddle cracked slightly. Called FSA and they said it's cosmetic and will not affect performance at all. Love em. You can probably get em for even less now that the new line has come out.

[Feb 25, 2004]
push&pull

Strength:

Good looks, they are stiff, easy to install with a octalink BB, and best of all alot cheaper than Campy carbon. Can get it for octalink or ISIS BB's.

None Really my duraace are sratched up, so the finish on the carbon is not a real factor.

OK let's be real. I like these cranks, for the money are the best carbon cranks on the market, and most of the racers in Italy and France are using them instead of campy. Why? Whoever thinks Campy is innovative should take a good look at their bootom bracket, it is still a narrow axle with a square taper, and is not as stiff as an isis (Fsa did not invent the isis. race face and tru vative got together to compete against the octalink because shimano wanted to much for the license ageeement) or an octalink. To be honest i really don't feel a difference between my Dura Ace 7700, and the FSA, and I am 200lbs. Maybe it's because I pull up on my pedal as much as I push down. At $1 more for every gram less than my Durace and a hell of a lot cheaper that the old school campy carbon it was worth it. They do look great, but when it comes down to it, the motor is still the most important part on the bike. Shifting is perfect. If you already have a Dura Ace and the Fsa seems like a great expence save your money and keep the shimanos, learn how to properly pull up on the pedal, it will make you a more efficient rider, and you'll notice your cranks will be stiffer.

Alluminum cranks, and they got stiffer all the time.

[Nov 18, 2003]
zr3000

Strength:

Quality construction. Ultra light weight. Cool looks.

Jury still out on durability -- but expect no problems.

This review is for the '03 FSA Carbon Superlight crankset. Replaced my Dura Ace cranks with this carbon wonder. LBS did a great install with no BB problems. The cranks are super smooth with trouble-free shifting. The 100-gram weight reduction aids in climbing and sprints. Nothing but positive comments to add -- look cool also. (Ensure the installer reads the install instructions).

Shimano 105, Dura Ace cranks

[Sep 29, 2003]
insmanblue

Strength:

Very stiff, light and easy on the eyes.

The cranks can easily develop scratches. With the high gloss luster the scratches can be easily seen.

I like these cranks. They are very stiff and do not flex at all. I am 210 and I can't get the cranks to flex. I have to admit that I could not flex the Ultegra cranks either. I like the fact that they are beautiful to look at and light. I think they are the least expensive carbon cranks out there.

Ultegra

[Sep 19, 2003]
Bam-Bam

Strength:

A bargain (among CF cranks) Light Flex-free

Too pretty to get dirty

Light (440 grams, actual, crank only, 175mm, 130 BCD), beautiful, flex-free. A bargain compared to Campy’s or Colnago’s CF cranks. Available to fit square-splined, Octo or Isis, and with Campy, Shimano or Compact BCD (135, 130 & 110, respectively). If it’s good enough for Tyler Hamilton, it’s good enough for me.

Campy record, Dura-Ace, Ultegra 600, Superbe-Pro, DiaComp

[Aug 23, 2003]
Kram59

Strength:

Stiffness, weight, shifting, price paid was reasonable for CF

None so far....

My D/A cranks were slightly beaten up so I wanted carbon to match my bike. I have to agree with the other reviewers; at 185 lbs I can't flex these things.They shift at least as good as my D/A and are about 40gms lighter, plus they look good =)

D/A 9speed

[Jul 31, 2003]
Juanmoretime

Strength:

Stiff, look great, excellent shifting rings. Carbon. Priced fairly for carbon.

I bought this crank in the Campy ten speed set up along with the FSA Platinium Pro Titanium ISIS bottom bracket. I replaced my 3 month old Record crank and bottom bracket with no regrets. I've ridden them less than a week although I do have several hundred miles on them already. I've flexed cranks before pushing big gears although I won't be flexing these. How did I know, I could get the chain to rub the front derailleur. Not with these. The bottom bracket is smooth, no creaks. I actually like the sightly wider q angle from the Records.

105, Ultegra's, Dura Ace, Grafton's, Campy Record.

[Jul 15, 2003]
Jim

Strength:

See above

Got fancy with the chain-ring bolts ... come on guys, stay standard!

Very stout, lightweight, and great-looking. What else is there?

Ultegra, Dura-Ace