Shimano Dura Ace FC-7950 Cranksets

Dura Ace FC-7950

Shimano proves again that alloy cranks aren't dead. Stiffer and lighter than previous Dura-Ace. Hollow chainring and Hollowtech II crankarms. Aluminum axle. Not compatible with 7800 series components. 654g 5339 172.5mm.Bottom bracket not included.

rashoop   Recreational Rider [Dec 15, 2009]
Strength:

Stiff
Light
Elegant looking
Get a gear back!

Even at the price I paid, it's a bit expensive. I'm just hoping the chainrings last.

Incredibly stiff, and with DA shifters, derailleurs and chain... perfect shifts and quiet!
BUT, the best part to me is that I get a gear back. What I mean by this is that I used to cross-chain when in my 34 x 12 combo (lowest cog being an 11). Not anymore - it's silent. I've even found myself in a 34 x 11 (accidentally) and it's still quiet. No more loss of a gear penalty for compact crank users. Great going Shimano!

Similar Products Used: Shimano, Campy, Sugino, TruVativ, etc.
centralcoastbuc   Recreational Rider [Sep 16, 2009]
Strength:

Very stiff, no creaks, looks great.

Outrageous price. Now that an Ultegra version is available, I would recommend going that route.

Purchased this to replace an Shimano R700 compact crank. Wanted a stiffer and quieter crank. I am a large rider.

Similar Products Used: Shimano R700.
Steve Williams   Recreational Rider [Apr 27, 2009]
Strength:

Great looking, light and very very stiff. Works with the 7800/7900 BB and the King BB.

Very hard to find. Price is outrageous!

Love compact cranks. Wanted the D/A piece to replace my 7800 53/39. Works with the 7800/7900 BB and the King BB. I have put about 500 miles on it so far. I am a heavy rider (225) with strong legs. Stiffness is everything! Wasn't happy with the Shimano R700 crank due to creaking on climbs.