Truvativ Rouleur Carbon Cranksets

Rouleur Carbon

The Rouleur Carbon Crankset is light-weight and designed to be stiff under pressure.

bruno   Road Racer [Oct 12, 2011]
Strength:

strong, durable and nice look!! very nice!

nothing

i love it! very nice for me! a++
super strong, durable and nice look, perfect.

Similar Products Used: ritchey wcs
Art   Road Racer [Apr 08, 2011]
Strength:

other than the pedals coming loose, is strong (but then again what good does it do with out the pedals?????)

not going thru the whole thing again.

I bought my bike and the first couple rides the pedal kept on coming loose, i tought it was simple becouse the last owner didn't keep up with the bike, so i tight the pedel to the crankset, 2 months later it came out loose again, so i thought a little bit of lock-tite would do the trick. No came loose again, i was thinking about getting a replacement of the same product, thank God i came to this site to find out that i wasn't the only one with the problem

Ken   Recreational Rider [Jul 18, 2010]
Strength:

It's stiff and unlike others, I haven't had a problem with the finish coming off.

Won't stay tight.

It drives me nuts. I cannot keep this thing tight. No matter how hard I crank on the bolt, it starts to creak and then comes loose within 2 rides. It hasn't fallen off yet when riding but it is only a matter of time. Swithing to Dura Ace.

Similar Products Used: Dura Ace 7900
j.wilko   Road Racer [Apr 10, 2009]
Strength:

Not much anymore. Did like the look of the carbon arm.

Breaks (dangerous) - see above, hard to clean, not as stiff as other brands (eg Shimano)

This cranks came with my Cannondal CAAD 8 R1000 Road Bike which i got in May 2005. This bike did only 1000km before it was rested until recently (Dec 08) due to uni and work commitments.

In Jan of this year (09) and after another 1000km on the bike the left crank fell off whilst riding. The reason for this was due to the bolt (which holds it on) breaking. I put this down to the fact that it is 4 years old, and was lucky not to come off and was only riding on the flat. I got this fixed at a LBS and again after another 1000km, the same thing happened again, the same bolt broke in the same place.

Having had this happen twice with approx 3000km of usage i decided to head back to revert back to Shimano.

This bolt is very soft and dare I say cheap aluminium and for the same thing to happen twice is not good, I was just lucky I was not under a sprint or climbing as the consequences could of been pretty nasty.

Similar Products Used: Shimano Ultegra, Ultegra SL, 105, Dura Ace
DrSmile   Recreational Rider [Jul 17, 2007]
Strength:

Stiff external bearing Giga X design, carbon looks spiffy.

The chrome peels almost instantly off the chainrings (teeth first, then by the bolts, then everywhere else) and eventually off the spider also. Like the other reviewer I replaced the chainrings (with Dura-Ace 7800, awesome shifting) but now I may have to sandblast/anodize the spider also. The chainrings shift ok, but aren't a very good ramped design. I would call the chainrings cheap. I will keep it as a spare but for now I just installed a whole new 7800 crank.

Absolutely horrible chrome finish on the chainrings and spider. Unless you lack sweat glands DO NOT BUY THIS CRANK!

Similar Products Used: Dura-Ace and Ultegra cranks (incl. Hollowtech)which are far superior for the $.
Scuzzo   Recreational Rider [Jun 02, 2007]
Strength:

loook snazzy
strong, great for sprinting out of saddle
sorta lite

rings are pretty but will loose their shiny plate a bit quicker then cnc alum rings

great crankset, i have yet to slip a ring or get in any trouble with these smooth, works very well with 10sp ace, the rings are just starting to loose a bit of their platting, but still looks quite nice and these pups are STIFF mated with the Giant pipe BB they are fantastic for sprints.. there is a lot of pissing and moan about the finish on these but if you bother to wipe down the bike after the ride with some mild cleaner every thing is really cheery. i can see the need to replace the rings in a year of so but thats maintance. rings will wear out as a chain and cog set does. 5stars

Similar Products Used: ultegra
record
ermmm..
exage
Sascha Roszak   Road Racer [Aug 19, 2006]
Strength:

Reasonably stiff, low cost, easy to assemble and no issues with creaking etc.

Nickle coating on the chainrings flakes off after a few rides as well as the spider.

I purchased this crank assembly due to the lower cost compared to FSA and the want for a stiff external bearing crankset that campagnolo did not make at the time. Not long after fitting the cranks the nickle coating on the chainrings started to peel so I replaced them with ones from BBB which I must say are excellent when shifting gears. The coating on the spider has started to blister from some energy drink I dripped on to them during a ride. Other than those issues they are quite stiff, very simple to assemble and do there job. I wonder if Truvative have a replacement or warranty policy on the crank spider as the same problems have been mentioned on a test in UK magazine 'Cycling Weekly'. I think I'll stick with my square taper Campagnolo BB and crankst.

Similar Products Used: Campagnolo Record & Chorus aluminium cranksets.