Truvativ Rouleur Double Cranksets

Truvativ Rouleur Double Cranksets

Weight: 599 grams Features: Forged 1-piece AL-7050-TV construction Highly fatigue resistant due to our optimized heat treament Super high polish mirror finish Double and Triple mirror black or silver polished Cyclocross mirror black only anodized chainrings with CNC details / 4mm outer ring smooth, ramped and pinned shifting 38-46 or 39-53 or 30-39-53 AL-7075-T6 rings Alloy chainring and self-extracting crank bolts Shimano 9-speed and Campy 10-speed compatible Length > 165 / 170mm / 172.5mm / 175mm Double 39-53 Length > 170 / 172.5 / 175mm Cyclocross and Triple Double and Cyclocross use a 108mm wide spindle Triple uses a 118mm wide spindle ISIS Drive only

[Nov 25, 2008]
jdwyer1018

Strength:

Stiff, strong, shifts like Shimano (benchmark!).

Who chrome plates their rings? I mean, props for the bling factor, but it's not encouraging to see metal peeling off the big ring. Again, not a crisis, but yo.

So mine are OEM that came with my Fuji Team LE (Roubaix RC with limited edition paint, very nice) and I dig 'em. The chrome plating on the rings was pretty weak, but the rings themselves are solid. I'm not sure that my cranks are the 600 gms ones, I was under the impression that they were heavier. I've been pretty happy with the performance: really stiff, shifting's great with my Ultegra and then Ultegra SL fd. The GXP bb tended to creak a bit when I first got the bike; you need to be meticulous about cleaning and greasing your bb shell on initial install, and you need to reef on 'em to get the bearings nice and snug. Great crank as OEM on a $1500 bike. Have raced on them, and aside from the weight, they're everything a club racer could want.

105 9spd, Ultegra, FSA

[Nov 17, 2007]
Bower

Strength:

Light

Chrome too soft. Anodising and decals look terrable after 300km and the material that the crank arm spline is made of is too soft.

After 200Km all the chrome had come off the chain ring, after 300km the anodosing on the crank arms looked shocking as is was wearing off. After 1500km the spline in the crank shaft started to creek.

lots

[Apr 30, 2007]
jhamlin38

Strength:

Simple install. Stiff, silent. Great shifting. Nice finish on chrings. Great value.

It's not carbon fiber. but i didn't want carbon fiber. Naked women throw themselves at me.

purchased this compact setup for more opportunity of hills, and my ultegra was toast.
the outboard bb bearings are excellent. Simple installation and setup, completely silent running with ultegra/dura ace drivetrain. and very very stiff. Couldn't ask for anything more in a crankset and bottom bracket. Will use again, in carbon for my next build.

Ultegra, Dura-Ace

[Jul 25, 2006]
garym

Strength:

Easy to install. Shifts well. More time spent in large ring. More climbing gears.

None.

Replaced original FSA SLK 53/39 with the compact 50/34 at 3000 miles. No shifting problems. Ultegra front der. works fine after adjustment. Put on new Ultegra 10 sp. chain minus 2 links. Happy camper after 500+ miles.

FSA SLK carbon.

[Jul 12, 2006]
7 speed

Strength:

The shifting has been good with this crank and Campy 10 speed chain.

Plating began to fall off the chainrings in the first month of use causing the Cannondale to look like a department store bike. My local shop replaced these eyesores at no charge.
The crankarms began to discolor and pit after only a few hours of use. I do not pour buckets of sweat and wipe the bike clean. The Cannondale shines except for the Truvative crankset. A stranger might think someone played a joke on me and swapped a good crank for one from a junkyard. The Ebay community would frown if I presented this crankset for auction.

Purchased Cannondale r900 bicycle in 2005 and the Truvative Rouleur double crankset is the only flaw on this bicycle.
Isis bottom bracket limits replacement options for this crank.

Shimano

[Oct 13, 2005]
chrisjohn

Strength:

Stiff, shift well, light, compact. Best feeling cranks out of all I've used so far, hardly any shoe rub on crank arm.

Came loose on every ride, even after tightening back to spec. LBS really cranked them down and slapped on some loctite. So far they haven't come loose again, but there is a LOT more BB friction. Probably an issue of the BB not being faced properly at the factory. If they come loose again, I'll get the BB faced

Came on a Giant TCR Limited, ridden them for 400 miles.

Shimano Octalink 105/Ultegra cranks. Race Face Turbine LP square taper. Truvativ Isis SS cranks.

[May 28, 2005]
Ride4Him

Strength:

stiff bottom bracket, bling-bling finish on chain rings, compact size 50/36

the mirror finsh isnt all that durable some of that shiny luster is comming of the teeth

my giant tcr1 came with the rouluer compact 50/36. I wanted this combination because im a small guy 128-130lbs, and i know i could never get full use of a 53/39. this crankset is being used with the new ultegra 10 speed, an awsome combo if you ask me. the new gxp botom bracket is oh so stiff, bottom braket flex is a thing of the past.....if your my size im sure a bigger rider may still get some but not much, the mirror finish is brillant, the 50 ring up front is plenty big enough for me to keep up with the hammerheads and the 36 has me at the front of every climb

tru vativ touro

[May 05, 2005]
o2binbuzios

Strength:

Stiffness, Styling and (probably) ease of maintenance. I say probably because I have not torn it down yet...but it appears to not require special tools.

Integrated BB means no swapping parts so no upgrades and if you damage the crank - you are replacing the BB too.

I recently purchased a new bike (Fuji Team) built with this crank and have been very impressed. The reason for the new bike was my previous Merlin ExtraLite was no longer still enough for it's formerly lite rider. At roughly 190lbs, I paid careful attention to bottom-bracket flex when test riding the bike and the Fuji/Roleur combo easily met my needs. This year's version appears to have copied Shimano with a hollow bottom bracket and outboard bearings. This seems to be dramatically stiffer than my previous setup...although a titanium frame will always be flexy. I tested for flex by putting the rear cassette in 5th gear and my small chainring, a gear combo that is just before I need to trim the front deraileur going to 6th gear. I found a moderate hill, stood up, and sprinted uphill - listening for chainrub. Pedaling smoothly - there was none. When I lost a bit of form I got a bit of rub...but I think that is from the bit of fram flex you need for a comfortable ride. Shifting from large to small ring and back is very smooth with Ultegra 10 speed..high marks there as well.

Ultegra 8 sp, XTR (Cyclocross), Truvativ Stylo (MTB) Shimano 2004 XT (With Outboard bearings)

[Nov 10, 2004]
nocat50

Strength:

They're light, stiff, and durable. Can't beat the value.

None, so far.

I've found these to be the best cranks I've ever raced on. They are durable, light, and stiff. I've had no problems since installing them, they have great return on climbing and sprinting. All that, and they weigh about as much as the 7700 series (9 speed) Dura Ace cranks. What more can I say? Oh, yeah, they look really cool, too.

Ultegra and Dura Ace (9 speed) cranks.