Campagnolo Record-Pista Groupos

Campagnolo Record-Pista Groupos

[Apr 29, 2004]
sc235813

Strength:

Strong. Beautiful. Light

Expensive, but still cheaper than road stuff because there are few thing to buy.

There is quite literally very little to complain about.

Miche, Dura Ace

[Aug 15, 2001]
Jesus Nieto

Strength:

Incrediblly beautiful, strong, reliable, and aero looking.

The headset. I have broken two lower cups, and they were well adjusted and used on the track only.

I am a big Shimano fan, but in the track you don't shift, you don't brake, all you want is something reliable and good looking so your competition will envy you even if they beat you. That is what this group is all about. Dura Ace is also very good, but I have also used 30 year old Campy groups and I trust them as if they were new, and the new ones are the same quality but with a jewel look!! My pals say that Dura Ace cranks are stiffer, but I am not strong enough to tell the difference. And we have a saying here: It doesn't matter how you pedal, only how you look!! (No importa como le des, sino como te ves) Just a joke, of course.

Old campy, Dura Ace track, Gipiemme

[Jun 25, 2000]
Brian Newbury

Strength:

durability, finish, overall quality right down to the smallest washer

I bought my track bike used 2 years ago. The frame was 4 years old, the components much older. I checked the cranks for fatigue cracks (the old nuovo record era stuff was prone to that) and they were clean. the hubs were as smooth as butter, as was the bottom bracket. after riding the bike for one season I decided to overhaul all the bearings to be safe, and when I took them apart I noticed that the locknuts were marked "61" meaning that the grouppo is now 39 years old! I find this amazing that a grouppo can last 39 years under hard riding (there's no easy riding on the track!) as still be in such good condition. I've recently purchased the new hubs and made a racing wheelset up with NOS GL280 and 330 rims, and these hubs are just as smooth. I don't care if the campy stuff is more expensive, it LASTS! I've recentlt replaced the old 151mm bolt pattern crank with a NOS 144mm nuovo record pista crank for better availablity of chainrings, but this kind of lifespan is amazing. Absolutely bombproof stuff.

[Mar 15, 2001]
Ralph Brown

Strength:

Fit, finish, quality, Looks

This stuff rocks. It is hard to describe what makes something feel solid, but Campy did it with this group.
The stuff I have is a few (10) years old and It is still almost perfect. Knowing that you can trust your equipment allows you to focus on the ride. Dura-Ace is nice, but the Campy is unbeatable

Dura-Ace Track