Shimano Ultegra 6700-G Groupos

Ultegra 6700-G

Simano Ultegra has long been recognized as a solid performer and thanks to Shimano?s Systems Engineering approach the 6700 series continues to deliver. Lighter, more stylish and advanced by the latest Dura-Ace technologies, new Ultegra is a beautifully ba

grayfox   Road Racer [Feb 07, 2013]
Strength:

Comfortable hoods; excellent brakes, solid crank, precise shifting, quiet, nice to look at, very solid group

FD chain-rub

Upgraded from 5600 -105 and a dramatic difference it is. Hoods are easy to get level and comfortable. Shifters have reach adjustment which is needed. If you like them level like me, out of the box the reach to brake lever is little far out and does not have good point of leverage to engage the brakes effectively. Good for feathering the brakes, but not comfortable to apply more force without changing hand position. Shifting is amazing, engage instantly, quiet and 2k miles so far with no miss-shifts. Brakes are exactly what they should be on a bike. Plain solid with good feedback. Crank is stiff. RD is excellent. FD had a contour shaped cage, which made it very difficult to position in correct height relative to chainring, then the contour shape caused alot of rattle in extreme cog positions. Sure, you suppose to do your best to keep the chain straight and ride the middle cogs, however I dont want to think about that when I am riding. I want all usable gears when I need it, especially when ride gets fast and I need to pay attention to the road and other riders. After hours of tinkering, problem was solved immediately after switching it with SRAM Force FD. Overall I am very pleased with the group. If you are considering one I highly recommend it.

Similar Products Used: 105, Apex, Force
OVERALL
jimmyleg   Recreational Rider [May 26, 2012]
Strength:

Solid craftmanship. Good looks.

The LBS told me the brakes won't fit on my 2008 Giant OCR C1

Got the gray compact set (Crank (34/50 – 175mm, Cassette 11-28). Added the 6700 carbon pedals. Two weeks with the group and absolutely no complaints...except the darn brakes won't fit my bike. LBS is looking into similarly valued brakes as substitute. I had my last Ultegra set for four high-milage years. Now, the snappiness is back!

Similar Products Used: Shimano 105 and Ultegra group sets.
OVERALL