Shimano Ultegra SL 6600-G Groupos

Ultegra SL 6600-G

• This new beautiful finish will give the opportunity of even more beautiful and stylish road bikes. Ultegra's ice grey finish is not only a cosmetic addition, but also features a weight saving of almost 100grams compared to the regular Ultegra package. Furthermore an Ultegra branded compact crankset will be available.

• User Reviews (6)

custom60   Recreational Rider [Aug 29, 2009]
    Strength:

Smooth, fast and accurate shifts. Strong brakes. Nice looking drivetrain with the icy gray finish.

None so far.

Very smooth and crisp shifting drivetrain. Once dialed-in, the shifting, up or down, is spot on and very fast. The indexed shifting in the same direction for up/down shifts is very convenient. Brakes are quite strong and I really like the release mechanism being right there on the calipers. Near silent freewheel.

Similar Products Used: First road bike in many years, but Shimano XT 750 MTB drivetrain.
    velociped jones   Road Racer [Oct 19, 2008]
    Strength:

looks, durability, value, two piece crank, finish. craftmanship,

no longer available at the price i paid for it.

good stuff. nice ergonomics. a little batmanish. nice finish. improved braking.

Similar Products Used: dura-ace 7700,ultegra 6600. 8 speed ultegra and dura-ace before that. equivalent mtb groups
    jonnosmith4130   Road Racer [May 09, 2008]
    Strength:

Great shifting characteristics, super stiff cranks, good brake modulation, good value for money

None as yet

I've been running Campy Veloce on my training bike for about a year and I still use Record on my race bike. I recently made the desision to go back to Shimano on the training bike, basically beacause a deal came up that I couldn't refuse. Well I tell you what, having gone back to Shimano it was well worth the swap, as much as Campy is a great company Shimano I believe really invest a lot more in technology. The Ultegra SL while not the top of the line is better in it's shifting, crank stiffness, all the way through to the braking modulation compared to my Record. Some of these characteristics are personal preference I admit, but overall I think this groupo is great value, while still being able to perform at a top level.

Similar Products Used: Record, Veloce, Sram Force
    bluurr   Road Racer [Apr 01, 2008]
    Strength:

shifting is precise, smooth, light, quiet. plus it compliments the color of the of my bike which is grey. the best color that shimano had use in their gruppo

none that i could think of.

i did get to use the 9spd ultegra and dura ace a few months, to test myself if i could get into road bike riding, and the tried the 10spd 105, all i could say is that the shifting is so smooth and light. riding in a pack, i could go for a surprise attack as it shifts quietly the only thing that came close to it was the 9spd dura ace.

Similar Products Used: the 9spd dura ace
    cyclesport45   Road Racer [Mar 11, 2008]
    Strength:

I'm never racing the Tour de France. These components are better than I really need, and they work REALLY WELL.

The Ultegra SL "Ice Grey" finish is stunning. Just hope that Shimano keeps stock so I can replace stuff as it wears out.

Got the full Ultegra SL groupo with Motobecane Immortal Ice. Including pedals. I've been riding on Shimano 105 or Ultegra for the past 20 years, so I'm well aware how much better NEW components are compared to the OLD that are being replaced. Taking that into account, these components are all markedly superior to previous ultegras I've owned. The bottom bracket.. rock solid, silent. Brakes.. strong as hell, and SMOOTH. And the shifting.. the best I've ever shifted, by a lot. And, this is all right out of the box. I have yet to fine tune the shifting yet. The pedals feel excellent, I've used Looks for 20 years, and the Ultegra Sl pedals feel like I'll NEVER accidentally unclip in a sprint. And, I also have the Ultegra Wheelset too. As I haven't put enough miles on them yet to form an opinion, I'll just say that they seem of comparable quality to the rest of the groupo.