SRAM Apex Groupos

The Sram Apex component group is more bang for the buck than any other road group on the market. Extrremely well engineered, this is a perfect group for the Rider who wants performance without a high expense.

grayFox   Recreational Rider [Nov 21, 2012]

Easy to mount, adjust, lighter than 105, great shifting, great price, 32 tooth casette, solid feel thanks to mostly alloys used

None so far

Seriously underrated group. I started with 105, the upgraded my supersix to ultegra, which came with apex. Then decided to build a rain/training/crit bike from all extras and used this apex wifli group. It has been fantastic. Hoods are comfortable and easy to get level, shifting is precise and reliable. When you shift, it clicks each time. Easy to adjust position of brakes and shifter lever to exactly where you want, front deraileur performs better than my ultegra. I don't see any problems with this group or the need to upgrade to anything higher. Sure, and its not a fair comparison to ultegra, but performance difference is so marginal. Though I am partial to shimano, apex is better value and performance than 105. I will hang on to it, why not have both.