Campagnolo Daytona Pedals

• The Left Axle Is Compatible With The “ErgoBrain” Magnet

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 01, 2008]
    Stevo

Strength:

Lightweight, easy in/out, stable, look good.

NOISE. Crunchy, squeaky, raspy, gritty NOISE that eventually will drive you nuts and arouse attention from your fello riders (WTF is all that racket?!?). Every single ride I have to put a not-so-thin bead of bearing grease around the edge of the cleat in order to keep the NOISE down. And, of course, I constantly have gravel and grit on my cleats and therefore in the pedal. I'm going to something else. This is ridiculous.

This is the Campy Pro Fit Road Pedal. I concur with most of the other comments. On balance, I like these pedals. Easy (sightless) clip in/out. Lightweight, large platform, etc. But after <1 year, they started making NOISE!

Mostly DA previously.

[Apr 20, 2007]
    Pablo

Strength:

Durabilty and style.

None.

I purchased these over four years ago. They have held my shoes to the pedal ever since without issue. The bearing remain smooth and tight.

Excellent choice.

Look and Look Style Shimano.

[Jan 13, 2006]
    wankski

Strength:

Reasonable weight, confidence inspiring build quality and clip-in function. Very smooth and noiseless bearings. Attactive when new

Expensive hardware (cleats), gray finish scratches very easily and looks obvious. Smaller clip-in target than other pedals.

I really like these pedals.. Some say that they are hard to clip into, and i have had a couple of moments where i missed the engagement, but overall i do not find it to be a problem worth mentioning. It may sound strange, but i have found better results by not looking too much at it while engaging.. simply glace down to make the correct alignment with your foot with the pedal at the 11 o'clock position .. look back up at the road and let your foot do the finding by pushing forward and keeping the correct alignment with the cleat to the pedal - and you're in with a satisfying click! Once you are in, they are fantastic pedals, i have never been dumped out of them even when frantically sprinting up a hill, and i feel very secure in these all alloy pedals. clipping out is a breeze. Never had a problem clipping out, haven't yet keeled over at a stop, and i learnt how to use "clipless" on this system. Obviously, i could never go back.

[Oct 25, 2003]
    xracer

Strength:

Look, weight

noise, maintainance

These pedals look great and I have no problems to cleat in and out, but they produce all kinds of noises that I could not fix.

look

[Jun 28, 2002]
    Jeffrey Holt

Strength:

Low weight, solid feel

Noise, noise, and more noise. Did I mention the noise?

The pedals fit well, even for a 200+ pounder that likes to get out of the saddle. Unfortunately the negatives of noise and difficulty clipping in were hard to live with. Had to go back to Looks. The noise was particularly atrocious, there simply was not enough grease in the world!

Various Look pedals, using PP396's now

[May 30, 2002]
    Uncle Tim

Strength:

Good looks. Very light (310 grams?). Decent sized platform. They are Campy. I got them at a great price.

Platform may be smaller than other pedals. Spring failure during a sprint; That's not good.

This is a follow up of a review I wrote in July of last year: My Daytona pedals purchased a little less thana year ago finally failed. The spring on the retaining clip of the right pedal broke after about 5000 miles. It happened quite suddenly as I pulled out of the pedal (the failure!) during a friendly sprint on a club ride. I am fortunate that I didn't get hurt. While they worked, they were great pedals. They were always snug and were easy to get out of in a hurry. Clipping in was not always the easiest, but I never got into trouble. And the bearings, though never serviced by me, appear to be working fine. It's shame the pedal failed in the way it did. My replacement for these is Campy Centaurs which look and feel like the same pedal. They come with a 3 year warranty, so I will be keeping the paperwork.

Shimano SPD's, Time ATAC, Look

[Mar 29, 2002]
    off242

Strength:

Great design and execution of that design. Once you''re in, you''re in, and with a nice amount of float, too; unclipping is not a worry and is very nice without a bulky cleat trying to clear a bulky pedal. Look-style, 3-bolt pattern works with virtually every shoe, and Look-style cleat covers will save the plastic housing while at the Quick Stop (not to mention keeping you from slipping on the floor).

On occasion, clipping in from a traffic light can prove to be a bit more dramatic than I care for such an activity to be. It''s rare when it happens, but when it does, your heart monitor will certainly let you know, as will drivers behind you.

Awesome pedal, especially for the price.

Veloce ProFit, Time Challenge Pro, Look something or other, Bebop

[Feb 11, 2002]
    Ray Sachs

Strength:

No squeaks! I don''''t understand some of the other reviewers were having with engaging and disengaging. These are a small target, so not the easiest pedal to get into, but not that tough either. On a par with other road pedals. As for getting out, much easier than most others I''''ve tried, Speedplay being the exception.

For me, the only weakness is how small they are. They really don''''t offer nearly the platform that Look or Time pedals do. They feel more like Speedplays underfoot, but without the massive float.

Good pedals, but smaller than expected. Reasonably easy in, secure but very easy out. No squeaking is a big plus. Not as much platform area as I like. My ultimate pedal would be non-squeaking Looks. So far the tradeoff is Looks that squeak or these with the small platform and less support than Looks.

Look, Speedplay (x series and frog), SPD, Time ATAC.

[Aug 15, 2001]
    David L

Strength:

Campagnolo. finish, quality, light. This is a review of 2001 Daytona pro-fit plus pedals.

none yet

These took a little breaking in and training to learn to use them right, but I would not trade them, period. They're lighter than chorus - and less expensive. No hot spots, feel real secure, no surprise releases. The harder you pedal the harder they grip. Once I learned to grease the cleats, release became very easy. I can hook up w/o looking - never have to think about my pedals. Highly recommended.

well go R4, look 206, shimano platform

[Mar 31, 2000]
    Todd Camp

Strength:

Solid, clipped in feel

underside painting

I bought these to replace the Richeys my bike came with. I got them from Excel for $90. They are great pedals. I have no more hot spots, and have never had an unintentional release. My cleats are holding up well, because I don't walk around in them but they will wear quickly if you walk a lot in them. Four stars on value only because the bottom scratches too easily.

Richey road logics