Look CX-6 TI Pedals

Look CX-6 TI Pedals

Each LOOK CX-6 pedal weighs in at a flyweight 150 grams, thanks to their carbon fiber body. Titanium spindles are featherweight yet durable.

[Sep 12, 2007]
gearfreakNY

Strength:

Multidirectional Carbon Fiber, Titanium Spindle, platform / support

None!

Sweet and sexy! smooth!

Time

[May 18, 2007]
jberenyi

Strength:

Price, weight, nice large platform and beautiful workmanship. To get a Ti pedal at this price is AWESOME!

Availability

It puzzles me that the review of the Ti model is any different than the regular CX6 which has a high rating. This should be a little higher if anything due to weight and the Ti axle. I had a really hard time deciding to go with these or the Keo's. I chose these for price reasons and since the wife has delta cleats as well I wanted to keep consistency in the family. I must say these are some gorgeous pedals. Its too bad they will look all beat up in time but what pedal doesn't. They have a nice lockup and the tension on the lowest setting is a little stiffer than the lowest setting on other Looks but this is intended due to design and for the reasons of competition use. I bought the red Ti series and put them on the scale. They weighed in at 157.85 grams. Look says they should be 149 grams. Thats a 5.93% delta. The bearings feel very smooth and silky. Only time will tell how well they last. Another selling point of this pedal is the Q-factor adjustment. I may never use it but I do have a right foot that likes to go heel-inward so I may use it some day on that foot. I also like the adjustable float option but keep in mind it only works with red cleats (9 degree).

Look PP206 (a great pedal for the price)

[Jan 22, 2006]
BruiserBob

Strength:

low weight, adjustability, stable platform.

The longetivity of the bearings suck! I just worked on my bike, and now I need a new right pedal. At their high prices, these pedals should last longer than 4000 miles.

In terms of performance these are some great pedals. They are light, have a good stable platform, and allow Q-factor adjustment. This helps me because my right foot has a natural outward splay and I can adjust the pedal for good alignment of my knee to my hip.

[Dec 28, 2005]
Roach

Strength:

- Durable - Light - Look cool - Work in nicely!

- Scratches! All pedals are the same though. - Expensive, but what isn't in cycling?

After having ridden 7000kms on these pedals I can say that these are the best pedals I have ever used. They have worked in perfectly and have proven to be very durable. The only knock against pedals is that they get scratched, there is nothing you can do about this.

- Look A5.1

[Aug 27, 2005]
Chainstay

Strength:

Very positive feel once clipped in. Easy in and out. Carbon bodies run much quieter than Look Al bodies - no squeeks or creeks. Very light. Look good

Make sure you keep bearings adjusted tight or you risk damaging the pedal. Expensive

Beautiful pedal to ride - Quiet, stable, positive lock in and easy in/out. You must keep them adjusted properly. One loosened up and I damaged the retainer clips. Had to send to Look to repair

Other Look and Shimano pedals

[Sep 27, 2004]
LOOKoverthere

Strength:

Pretty light and turns heads wherever you stop for a water break. "Hey! Check out those carbon pedals, that rocks!" You'll be the envy of everyone (especially those that don't realize how much you had to spend)

Expensive. Worth the money? I don't know. Check eBay, something is always on sale there.

I got these pedals for a steal because my LBS wanted some test feedback on these pedals and I was the lucky person who got to try them out (turns out they gave me the pair to keep). Ever since Carbon came out over a decade ago, it has become the rage. First the frame and fork, and now bottle cages, shoe soles, and even the pedals. Truthfully I was a bit skeptical, but I love the pedals. Perhaps it's because the "carbon" name makes you imagine these pedals are beautiful and easy to ride, but I feel it is the sheer quality of their manufacture. If you can't get them on sale, I don't know how much you REALLY need these pedals, but it's certainly worth it if you get a deal.

Other LOOK CXs, Shimano R600