Look CX-6 Pedals

CX-6

bikerbusch   Recreational Rider [Aug 08, 2007]
Strength:

Looks, weight

Durability

Even though I'm fairly large (230 lbs) I'd question the durability and safety of these pedals. Mine broke off at the axle after 2+ years of use. Seems that the internal thread in the pedal/axle intersection is not strong enough.

Similar Products Used: Various Look pedals
jberenyi   Road Racer [May 18, 2007]
Strength:

Fit and finish. Nice lockup on the cleats. Nice large platform. Various adjustments not found on Keo models. Fairly lightweight for a pedal with so much to offer.

Availability

I had a really hard time deciding to go with these or the Keo's. I chose these for price reasons and since the wife has delta cleats as well I wanted to keep consistency in the family. I must say these are some gorgeous pedals. Its too bad they will look all beat up in time but what pedal doesn't. They have a nice lockup and the tension on the lowest setting is a little stiffer than the lowest setting on other Looks but this is intended due to design and for the reasons of competition use. I bought the red Ti series and put them on the scale. They weighed in at 157.85 grams. Look says they should be 149 grams. Thats a 5.93% delta. The bearings feel very smooth and silky. Only time will tell how well they last. Anothe selling point of this pedal is the Q-factor adjustment. I may never use it but I do have a right foot that likes to go heel-inward so I may use it some day on that foot. I also like the adjustable float option but keep in mind it only works with red cleats (9 degree).

Similar Products Used: Look PP206
d_back_dude   Recreational Rider [Sep 21, 2004]
Strength:

big platform, instead of being just several raised areas like previous look pedals, this has a huge flat surface allowing for a huge contact area, lots of adjustments, stiff, great bearing, look sharp on my look lg 261

Great pedals. Carbon fiber is pretty neat stuff. All of the adjustments are nice to have, although I have never touched the Q factor adjustment and probably never will. Its there though just in case I get the urge to change it. I only wish I had of known to wait for the Keo, though.

Similar Products Used: look pp296 and 257
dhtucker4   Recreational Rider [Jul 07, 2004]
Strength:

Bearings, flat platform, ease of entry and exit.

Weight is about 40-50 grams over the stated weight on the box (almost all pedal manufacturers do this), and Look cleats are NOT durable enough (I have some cleat covers)

Outstanding in all areas. The bearings, the Q-factor, adjustable release, different degrees of float (similar to A5.1 or PP396). I have decent knees for 20 years of skiing, that means I need a lot of float. I don't like SPD or Time pedals, because I like a big platform that I click into without looking down, after a stoplight.

Similar Products Used: Performance Mag Classic (Wellgo Mag), very old Look pedals
hphoto   Recreational Rider [May 03, 2004]
Strength:

very lightweight for Look pedals, smooth bearings, wide platform typical Look feel. Compatible with my old cleats so I didn't have to change and adjust to new cleats.

carbonfiber pedals feels like plastic in your hands - I guess it's because it is plastic :) Fairly expensive.

This was to replace an aging Look pedals but were serviced fairly regularly. Compared to it, these new pedals are buttery smooth and very lightweight. I've only ridden about 100 miles on them - can't wait till they are completely broken-in (bearings will be even smoother hopefully).

Similar Products Used: 10 year old Look pedals, Look PP296, and old Dura Ace Look pedals.
asphaltcarver   Road Racer [Feb 16, 2004]
Strength:

Adjustability, security of clip, appearance.

Hard to find in stock at shops!

I have been a long time user of Look pedals and just replaced my venerable PP396 with the new CX6. I have seen many folks comment on the weight of Looks, but if you want all the adjustability, particularly on Q-factor, than Look is the only answer. The adjustability solved by position and clearance problems and I am very pleased with their performance.

Similar Products Used: Speedplay X1, Look 196, Look 296, Look 396
zr3000   Recreational Rider [Jan 30, 2004]
Strength:

Light weight, great looking carbon body.

Durability of carbon construction still a question mark over the long haul. Lightest release tension on the CX-6 even tougher than the lowest tension setting on the 296 pedals. They are made for racing so the higher tension is expected.

A needed replacement for my old 296 pedals. The Look and ride is exceptional -- and very light.

Similar Products Used: Time, Look 246, 296
sevenrider   Recreational Rider [Sep 12, 2003]
Strength:

Smooth, can really get em dialed in..lots of options

Road clearance cornering

First bought the A5.1 to save some money but totally not worth it. These are so much smoother its not even funny. Easy in and out..with tons of features. Highly custom pedals.

Similar Products Used: Look A 5.1
bockers   Road Racer [Sep 01, 2003]
Strength:

Fully adjustable Smooth bearings No squeaking Good flat pedal platform

White pedal, not sure they will look so trick in 6 months time

Bought the world champion version of these peals at a discount. They are white with the rainbow stipes and world champion script. Very similar to CX7 but with alli body rather than carbon. Pedal also allows 10mm of q adjustment from 50 to 60mm. Have used many look pedals in the past, 196, 296 and 396 and these are the best so far. Good pedal platform, no raised parts like previous look platforms, and no squeaks!!! There is also a Ti version but that is 50% more and not worth it for me given my body weight. Even if you do not use the Q adjustment I think these are a better buy over the 5.1s and 396s due to the flat pedal platform. If you like look pedals these offer it all. Float, Q and Release adjustment as well as Cipolinnis signature.

Similar Products Used: Time, SPD and Look 196, 296 and 396. Also Campag and Shimano Look pedals back when they both produced licensed models.