Look CX 7 Pedals

Body color: Black Or Red
Body: Carbon Fiber

[Aug 25, 2008]
Jesse D Smith

Strength:

adjustability, weight

as others have noted, Q-factor locking tab breaks easily. Compared to my Time EQ pedals, these are a bit harder to clip into-when unclipped, the Times were weighted in a way so they swing down into the same position every time. The Looks are lighter and swing back and forth, so if you're not looking, you can be trying to clip into the underside. This is one way you can break the Q-factor retaining clip.

The most adjustable pedal made, light in all versions.

Time EQ

[May 18, 2004]
kargok9

Strength:

Extremely adjustable, very wide platform as with all Look pedals

VERY EXPENSIVE and the Q factor adjustment locking tab breaks easily

Just a brief note about the pedals. They have been wonderful pedals, not exhibiting any of the sqeeek that has been reported in a previous review and offering a very broad and comfortable platform. But a collegue and I have both had the same problem with these pedals. The plastic adjustment locking tab at the end of the barrel fractures allowing the pedal to "float" to the maximum outboard range of the "Q factor" adjustment. It's fairly innocuous but leaves the rider with one pedal very close and the other very far outboard from the bike midline. He called Look and they sent him the replacements immediately. I'll let you know about mine when they arrive. As far as the pedals, I just love them. I tried several variations of angulation, settling on the +1.5 degree platform which seems to allow me to have a very firm, flat foot on the pedal platform. This negates other products that shim or elevate the sides of the foot to maximize power. This, with the adjustable Q factor make these very good pedals. If you aren't satisfied with off the shelf pedals and may need a wider or narrower Q factor adjustment for personal or medical reasons, I would highly recommend them. They are quite an expensive toy otherwise. I recently saw them in a top shelp catalogue for the ridiculous price of $449. Skilled shoppers will find them for much, much less. Good luck!

I have not used the LA Dura Ace type pedal. Time, Speedplay X-2's, Frogs and Eggbeaters

[Aug 10, 2003]
Richard

Strength:

Adjustments

NOISE,even with lubing

Nice to have all the adjustments, but they creak like a screech owl - they make so much noise that the noise outweighs the benefits of the adjustments. Would not recommend until they come out with a metal face plate for the pedal to stop the incessant noise.

SPDsl

[Jun 07, 2003]
Cole

Strength:

comfortable, light, strong, durable versatile, ect.

Very expensive. I found mine on ebay for $150. MSRP $350.

When it comes to top of the line, light, durable, and versatile pedals these are them. I have put 2000 miles on mine and have never had any problems. The only bad thing is now that I know what good pedals are like, when it come to replacing them I am not going to be able to settle for anything less.

[Jan 12, 2003]
redsoxnut

Strength:

Adjustability

none yet

Great pedals, lightweight (for Looks), no squeek (like the pp396), solid platform, enough float for me Everything is adjustable.

Look pp396

[Jun 04, 2002]
colnagospud

Strength:

Stability for my permanately screwed up knee. Nice wide platform. Q-factor adjustment has increased the delivery of power over the axel.

None that I know of

Eight years ago I was in a car accident and lost the lower part of my left knee, therefore my knee axis is lower on the outside. This condition would give me pain and fatigue the knee on long rides and uphills. With the adjustments provided with this pedal I am able to evenout the axis and do not feel the pain anymore. What a blessing!!!

Campy Ti pedals

[Apr 19, 2002]
bradat

Strength:

Very stealth in black, the adjustable Q-angle has saved the inside of my left knee. Very low spindle to axle. weighs the same as campy chorus.

None. Used for about 3weeks lots of training and hard riding. Can''''t pop out of these like campy pedals. Don''''t pay 350 retail go to ebay!

great pedal. tons of adjustments available. no regrets buying these. I''''m a 200 lb masher not a spinner. was looking for something that I did not pop out of, something that had lots of adjustability and looked cool. these are the greatest looking pedals I''''ve seen.

campy chorus, look 296

[Jan 16, 2002]
schills

Strength:

Light for LOOKs. Wide platform. Incredible adjustability.

Heavier than other systems in theory, but after added weight for cleats on other systems, LOOKS compare favorably. Retail Price. Use SDEALS. They saved me over $100 even with shipping.

I had Look 247s on my time trial bike and liked the solid platform. Bought these for my new climbing/everything else bike. I was looking for the lightest LOOK pedal with decent bearings as the 206s are a bit lighter but not as well built. These are the most adjustable pedals on the market and I use absolutely none of the adjustment. I just put them on the bike, clipped in, and rode. I''ve never once thought about my pedals since then.

LOOK 247s.