Look FQV Road Pedal Pedals

• Bearings: 1 sealed bearing, needle bearing
  • Adjustments: Minimum spring tension

• User Reviews (11)

doug in co   Triathlete [Dec 27, 2007]
    Strength:

light, cheap, reasonably durable

none in my experience

My experience with these pedals has been very good. I have the pedals on my TT bike and the JRA bike, not many miles on the TT but a couple of years of JRA and general training. The pedals are light and durable, no significant wear after two years. I like the light clip, have never pulled out of them, though I don't go in for sprints much.

Similar Products Used: Nashbar pedals, Look-alikes
    Ethan Roach   Road Racer [Oct 19, 2007]
    Strength:

Nothing

weak. tension doesnt do nothing

110 New Zealand Dollars. Crap. The tension doesn't do nothing they only lasted me 5 months and the plastic clip on the back that connects to the spring broke. Forcing me to miss a race. I have done over 6000kms on them but still. Now i have look keo classics and they seem a lot better.

Similar Products Used: non they were my first
    uscgmac1   Recreational Rider [Aug 02, 2007]
    Strength:

The price if your budget is low. The weight is light and the composit construction so far seems sturdy. Only time will tell.

Lots of movement and sliding around. Clips in real easy and out too easy. Actually a little bit dangerous. Personal prefrence. My learning experience of trial and error is getting expensive. How many pedals do i have to buy untill i find the right ones.

Just bought them to replace another cheap pedal, Wellgo spd. Went for the brand name Look. The pedals feel nice and spin nice and are very light but again like the last pedals, they slide around way too much. I wish I could lock in and feel solid but I guess you have to be able to move somewhat. Price was right but after buying two sets of pedals now it may be worth it to just buy more expensive pedals. Dont try to save money. I may even just go back to the old style all together. Feels like im standing on ice when i stand up on the bike. Cant really dig in and grind. I usually like to ride 20 miles and i cant get into my groove with the pedals on my mind. This whole clipless thing is expensive and very frustrating.

Similar Products Used: Wellgo SPD. Real garbage.
    T-bone   Recreational Rider [Apr 20, 2007]
    Strength:

Cheap and lite.

Poorly constructed, dangerous, lousy tension spring

These pedals are cheap and dangerous. I found myself slipping out of them after a few months. The tension spring is weak and gets weaker with use. I came out of the pedals a few times when standing and almost crashed..be warned!

Similar Products Used: Look 396
    Look Keo Sprint
    Look 206
    byoon   Road Racer [Sep 15, 2006]
    Strength:

cheap, light weight

squawk! Feel loose, mushy.

Very inexpensive pedals and lightweight (plastic). Bought them to switch to clipless for my first road bike. One started sqwuaking after only 100 miles. Tension adjustment doesn't really feel like it does much. Lots of float. More than I'd like. There's nothing technically wrong with these pedals, but I'm ready to upgrade to something stiffer and more sound structurally after only a few months. I'd say skip them unless you're a roadie noob like me.

revcph   Recreational Rider [Feb 10, 2005]
    Strength:

Inexpensive, light, look sleek in matte black. Very durable! (In my experience)

Plastic; contact with cleat has worn them down a bit, but this is more of a broken in thing than a just plain broken thing.

I don't understand the negative reviews of these pedals. I've had them for 2 riding seasons, put at least 5,000 miles on them, and have had no problems other than the occasional squeak in bad weather. Yes, they're plastic ("carbon" LOOK says), but they're light--160g on my scale--and have a pretty low stack height.

Similar Products Used: Other LOOK pedals
    voodoorada   Recreational Rider [Feb 29, 2004]
    Strength:

-easy to clip in -easy to clip out (inspires confidence for first timers) -lightweight

-too easy to clip out of for experienced riders...you'll come out when you don't want to -too much non-adjustable float (9 degrees) -cheaper materials will not hold up long

These are good pedals to learn the LOOK system and for first-time clipless pedal users. Beginners have trouble clipping in and out and these pedals do both easily, which lets the rider focus on other aspects of cycling. However, more experienced riders will find they slip out when they do not want to which can cause major problems. The lightweight material will also not hold up compared to more expensive LOOK pedals.

Tim Garvey   Recreational Rider [Mar 31, 2003]
    Strength:

Lightest Look pedal (by a frog's hair)

Fell apart within 600 easy riding miles. These things are trash. The french cheeze us again!

Looking for lighter Look.

Similar Products Used: Various Look examples
    Ostrich   Triathlete [Jul 13, 2002]
    Strength:

Weight.

Lack of positive click-in. Excessive float. Erratic release. Rapid wear.

Had high hopes for a lightweight Look pedal, but I was disappointed in every way. They don't have a positive click in, they float uncontrollably (even with new black cleats), and they click out too easily (even on highest tension) when you least expect it. I gave up after only 10 click ins/outs, and noticed wear on the plastic surface already. Junk, returned to store. I can't believe Look put their name on this one.

Similar Products Used: All-metal Look and Shimano Look-compatible pedals.
    Offroadnut   Triathlete [Jul 09, 2002]
    Strength:

Light and cheap!!

Cheap!!

I bought them for an inexpensive way to try Look pedals. They are very light but the composite (plastic) construction does not last long. I had them come apart on me on a few rides and they started making noise (plastic rubbing plastic). Good to try out the Look system but don't expect them to last long at all.