Look Keo Carbon Ti Pedals

• Adjustability: Spring Tension
  • Colors: Carbon Black

• User Reviews (9)

SpinachAmbiance   Recreational Rider [Apr 04, 2010]
    Strength:

Great platform. Smoothhhhhh & light.

Price. Single sided entry--took some getting use to as I was previously alternating between speedplay and spds.

Wanted a bigger foot platform as I ride in hilly terrain with a lot of steep, technical descents. SPDs weren't cutting it and my IT band didn't like my speedplays anymore. N

Similar Products Used: Speedplay x2s
    Shimano SPD Deore
    ryan   Road Racer [Jun 29, 2009]
    Strength:

light weight

durability, price, stability, stack height, cleats

waste of money , after three months pedals show significant wear. Even with spring tension cranked as tight as it goes, on hard accelerations my cleat feels like its pulling up off the pedal body. stack height is higher than other brands.Cleats are not as stable as shimano. Put my dura-ace 7810 back on, couldn't be happier

Similar Products Used: dura ace 7810
    69chevelle70   Recreational Rider [Nov 11, 2008]
    Strength:

Weight, Looks

None Yet!!

Hoping I don't have any issues like the other reviewers! I have had nothing but good riding out of my set. They have been excellent

Similar Products Used: Keo Carbons
    James vr   Recreational Rider [Nov 11, 2008]
    Strength:

Light weight

Reliability.
    Cracking after 3 months is poor.

Stay away.
    WQIth hesitation I write this review. I loved these pedals until last week.

Started creeking and then I discovered a full crack through the body (toe end). These were 3 months old - approx 1500km.

As I had purchased O/S during a business trip the warranty is not being honoured in Aus.

I can understand this - but not why they cracked during recreational use after 3 months.

I have photo's if anyone else wants to see.

Similar Products Used: Standard Look pedals for 12 months. No issues.
    rcordray   Recreational Rider [Mar 30, 2008]

Prone to complete failure, pricey.

I used the Look Carbon Keo Titaniums fro two years with no complaints until on a steep upgrade, while out of the saddle, I snapped the right pedal axle. Luckily I was not hurt. This obviously could have been catastrophic in other circumstances. I'm 6'0", 195 lbs. The bike shop stated that the rider weight limit should be 225 lbs.

Similar Products Used: Ultegra
    jason   Road Racer [Dec 05, 2007]
    Strength:

easy set up
    light weight
    clean design
    good release mechanism

Axels can break with stronger force

I have used these pedal for 2 years and loved them with no problems. Then, last weekend the right axel snapped, causing me crash. Just as I stood up and applied power, my leg dropped all the way to the ground, pedal body attached. Fortunately I wasn't seriously hurt, but I did damage my new Sidi shoes, gloves, and ipod remote.
    I was on a off street, ped-pathway, but if on the road, I may have crashed into traffic.

Similar Products Used: Dura ace, older look pedals.
    Thomas   Commuter [Nov 20, 2007]
    Strength:

Light, well made, adjustable tension, weighted well

These pedals are unbelievably light and well made. Never had a problem clipping in or out. Came with the gray 5 degree cleats & a dvd (overkill?). But I was lucky to come upon them!

jmaccelari   Road Racer [Oct 08, 2006]
    Strength:

Light
    Secure clip in
    Easy to adjust

I chose to stay with Look after having used their classic pedals for some years. I went with the Keos due to weight and looks (pun intended). I am very satisfied with these. 40 races later and countless training miles, they still feel brand new. The seating of the cleat into the pedal has afirm click and I haver never unclipped during a ride. I prefer the black cleats (0degrees float) and have not noticed the pedals since I set them up.

They provide a confident attachment to the bike and have not let me down yet!

Why the Ti? Bling factor, I'm afraid.

Similar Products Used: Standard Look
    Shimano SPD
    tclarke@satx.rr.com   Recreational Rider [Sep 20, 2006]
    Strength:

Super light weight. Spin great. Cleats with different float options. Smaller cleat profile...so a little bit light lighter weight being installed on the shoes.

No performance weaknesses. Pricey but nicey.

Bought these when they first came out....and felt an immediate difference in pedaling power due to lighter weight (maybe imagined...but that's what it felt like!). I had just bought lighter shoes (DMTs) at the same time of this purchase, so that likely contributed to the overall positive feel. Have ridden about 3,000 miles on these pedals so far. No problems or glitches other than a broken cleat which was my fault all the way - when I put my foot down awkwardly and hard (on the front tip of the cleat) after an unexpected sudden stop. Smaller KEO cleat takes minimal familiarization time. I prefer some float in the cleats so I have only used the red cleat w/ 9 degrees of float so far, tho I am sure the grey cleats with a bit less float would work perfectly fine also. I would suggest the cleat covers when walking around to minimize excess cleat wear.