Look PP 206 Pedals

• Adjustments: Spring tension, 6-11 Nm

• USER REVIEWS

[May 15, 2007]
    alekski

Strength:

cheap, sturdy, and very light

weak spring tension, they scratch easy

A great set of road pedals, although not intended for competition they say...but those pedals are lighter and much cheaper than most "professional" pedals.After 2 years o intense use they are still in perfect working condition.The only drawback is that the spring tension is pretty weak compared to other look pedals.

other look models

[Jul 08, 2005]
    Lugged Steel

Strength:

Easy set-up and adjustments. Look quality and name.

Until now had never gone clipless. After 20 years of toe clips and straps my knees needed a brake. A friend recommended these pedals and I'm glad he did. Thought I'd fall or not like clipless. Boy, was I wrong. These are a great entry-level pedal. I'll never go back to clips again.

[Jul 05, 2005]
    bigbianchi

Strength:

Large platform, secure attachment, no accidental unclipping, no "Look Squeek", adequate float.

None.

Excellent product. Took a little getting used to them being one-sided and the clip-in being different from my MTB pedals (Shimano 737) but after that they've been great. I can't understand these posts about accidental unclipping. I am 230lbs and I torque the pedals hard on sprinting and climbing and have NEVER had an accidental unclipping. Maybe these guys haven't set up their cleats properly? These pedals have always functioned perfectly and quietly for me.

Shimano 737 SPD

[Jun 04, 2005]
    English Guy

Strength:

the're cheap as chips

heavy cleats slide everywhere and wear out too quick float is not too good

These pedals are not perfect, they’re just good. These were my first ever clipless pedals and after a few fall I got used to them and immediately saw the benefits of them. These pedals don’t seem to have developed the trademark look squeak or suffer from any other serious problems. Believe me I have pulled hard on these pedals and have only suffered one accidental “unclip-ige” I know that I am a good sprinter and unlike the other sprinters on this forum have never suffered problems.

flats and toe-clips

[Apr 15, 2005]
    DieselDan

Strength:

lighter, more comfortable

cleat adjustment

These are my first set of road bike pedals. I find all the talk of better power transfer to be true, as I have seen my average speed increase faster then my MTB pedals. I've had problems setting up the cleats on the shoes.

Wellgo SPD-type MTB pedals

[Dec 22, 2004]
    Cape Cod Dave

Strength:

Cost. Simplicity. Performs as well as Looks priced twice as much. Can ride on them inverted without cleats.

Time will tell. So far, none.

I got these to stick on a fixed-gear project for winter training so I could be compatible with my Look 247s on my regular road bike. Since the single-speed is a beater, I wasn't going to spend a single dime more than I had to, so I bought these bad boys. They look cheap. Sort of big plastic blobs. But they ride better than the darned mid-range pedals. Why? No squeak (it's coming), Look's have to be kept very clean to keep the squeak from occurring and these haven't had a chance to get dirty yet. Good clip in, which is key when you can't coast to fish around for the pedals cuz a fixie's always turning .... Release tension -- yeah, I think about what would happen, but so far, spinning at 140 rpm on descents or standing and grinding up climbs, I haven't worried about it.

Look 247

[Dec 13, 2004]
    rivercliff

Strength:

Durable - float is comfy on long rides, but the pedal is secure. Great Value

These pedals came on a used Giant OCR that I got on Ebay. The bike was in less than good conditions. The pedals appear that they were involved in a wreck or two - as did the rest of the bike. I had been riding mtn bike pedals and shoes on my previous road bike, but decided to give these a go -- figured I would ride them a little and then replace later -- Later has gone over two years with absolutely no problems at all. I have no problem coming out of the saddle for a sprint or a hard climb - never have accidently come out of these pedals in approx 10k miles. I even traded my bike for a new Trek 5000 and just moved these old beat up pedals over to the shiney new bike. Can't find a reason to replace them at all.

several mtn bike pedals -- wellgo, crank bros., ritchey

[Jul 23, 2004]
    sandyboy4

Strength:

Secure Good float inexpensive light enough no squeak

I wish I could have gotten the red white and yellow ones!

After realizing that the gap between my SPD MTB cleats and pedals was annoying on the road figured I'd invest(not that these pedals are a huge investment) in a pair of road pedals. As inexpensive and light ( compared to other aluminum and magnesium looks) as these were they looked good to me. At this point I'd have to wonder why one would pay more! These pedals are secure, easy in and out, the float is perfect, have never accidently unclipped, and bearings and all work perfectly. I really don't see a point in getting any of the mid range Looks over these.

Nashbar SPD, Platform, Toe clips

[Jun 25, 2004]
    EdB

Strength:

Price Weight Generous Float Easy to find cleats at any LBS.

Single-sided, but that's life on the "road".

Finally made the jump from SPD to Look, and I am very happy with my decision. The extra surface area really seems to transfer more power. These pedals have a very positive click-in and feel very secure. I can't imagine how some people say they pull out of them. The float is very generous too, feels like more than 6 degrees. It will take some getting used to how far you need to "twist" your foot to unclip if you are used to SPDs. It will also take a little while to get used to the single-sidedness. I like the simplicity of this pedal. Seems like very little could go wrong with it. Will have to wait and see how durable they really are.

Ritchey Comp v2 ATB Peddals ($25 at Nashbar), which have served me well.

[Dec 09, 2003]
    RBS

Strength:

price and funtionality. awesome for price point!

may not be suitable for racing - after all, they are an entry level pedal

nice pedal. i like the larger look platform and the larger plastic cleats of look pedals (won't scratch our wood floors). these pedals work great, are reasonably priced, are medium weight, and don't with the famous "look squeak". i would recommend these pedals to any recreational/tour rider.

wellgo