Look PP 357 Pedals

PP 357

The all-new PP357 updates the PP256, with a re-designed aero-body design and all the great features that have made LOOK pedals famous.

• Weight: 180 grams
  • Body color: Blue or Sliver
  • Body: Aluminum Alloy
  • Tension Adjustment Window
  • Cleat System: LOOK Delta Standard

• User Reviews (16)

Tony G   Road Racer [Jun 12, 2008]

Axles just sheared off, with no warning under light load. If it would have happened when I was working hard, I would have fallen and gotten hurt

Both Look PP 357 left and right axles broke in less than 2 years. Right one at 14,000 miles and left one at 16,000 miles

Doug Butler   Recreational Rider [Mar 30, 2007]
    Strength:

pedals look new except for the broken axle

sheared axle

PP 357's snapped at 20 mph in a pace line. Nothing broken but the metal sheared right through no warning...cleat still in shoes. The pedal was purchased in Oct 06 and worked well on hills etc with about over 1000 miles they still look new but I am still rideless with stitches and much road rash!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Ridden in Look pedals for 20 years
    camobikerider   Recreational Rider [Dec 17, 2006]
    Strength:

8,000 plus miles, what else can you say. durability you bet,bearings are still smooth as butter, and alot cheaper than the top of the line Look pedals. I just clip in and go with no worries.

None that I have seen,

I now have over 8,000 miles on these pedals with no problems at all. They are starting to look a little beat up and scrathed, but overall I really can't complain. They do tend to squeak , especially when wet. but is this really worth complaining about. I don't think so. Performance has them on sale, and I'm going to pick up another pair to have when these finally wear out.

Similar Products Used: None, this is my first pair and they are still going strong
    John Maurin   Road Racer [Jul 12, 2004]
    Strength:

good power transfer, large surface area, smooth, entry/exit

a bit heavy

These pedals have served me well for the last 2 years without any problems.

Similar Products Used: older look pedals
    csainthenry   Road Racer [Feb 23, 2004]
    Strength:

Absolutely reliable.

Heavy, but so reliable that it doesn't matter.

These pedals have been great. I switcghed to the from some SPDRs that I thought were so hard to clip into that they were dangerous. I've had no problems with these pedals after a few thousand miles. They are definitely not light, but so reliable that I just forget that they are there. I did notice the squeak that a few others have mentioned, but now I have carbon soled shoes, and no squeak.

Similar Products Used: SPD-R, old Look-style Shimanos, SPD
    phuufme   Recreational Rider [Jan 02, 2004]
    Strength:

These pedals are easy to get in and out of. And, they have a nice large platform. Very simple to use.

Squeak, squeak, squeak. If you can stand the noise, these are great pedals.

I switched from SPD-Rs and have not turned back. I love the easy in and out of the 357s. However, I have just sold them for SPD-SL -- I could not longer stand the squeek and crunching from the Look 357s. I bought the "Kool Covers" to help the cleats last longer.

Similar Products Used: SPD-R, SPD. I just bought the Ultegra SPD-SL600, so I will post a review of those soon after I ride a while with them.
    DY   Road Racer [Sep 25, 2003]
    Strength:

Good all around pedal. Very standard. Easy to find cleats, etc. Not too expensive. Easy to clip in and out. Work well when they are new.

Hard to maintain, not the lightest.

Use Looks exclusively until I just got tired of the maintenance or lack of being able to maintain them. I mean how do you rebuild them? It seems almost impossible to find than special wrench required. Anyway I had clicking in the bearings, sweaking, etc. Although I must say these happened with 1,000's of miles and lots of hard use.

Similar Products Used: Other Looks, Time.
    Benjamin Schardt   Recreational Rider [Apr 09, 2003]
    Strength:

Entry/Exit tension adjustable to extremes. Strong and durable. Single sided, lipped entrance is quite easy.

The cleats wear out a bit fast.

Adjustabilityand durability are prime. The pedals might not be the lightest, but I've never been able to notice much of a difference between 1/4 and 3/4 of a pound anyway. I'd rather have 200 grams of extra weight and much more strength.

john   Road Racer [Apr 01, 2003]
    Strength:

are you kidding?!?!

poor bearing design. the "look squeak" was horrible. caused knee pain. will take millions of years to decompose in a landfill.

if your having knee problems and you have these or any look pedals you might want to try this. unscrew the pedal from the crank arm and watch as the pedal wobbles like a car wheel with a bent rim. this is a result of poor engineering and or poor quality control. i've gone through three pairs and they all did it. the shop where i bought them from checked them all and they all did it. coronometro in madison wisconsin told me that this is the reason for my knee pain. well i gust got back from a 50 mile ride using shimano's new pd-r600 with no pain! of course i checked to make sure that these pedals didn't have the wobble before i plunked down the cash.

Similar Products Used: shimano pd-r600 - these are great so far.
    byrdlw   Road Racer [Jan 20, 2003]
    Strength:

It is a Look product.

Squeaks constantly and requires constant greasing of the platform. Use the P206 model if you enjoy Look Pedals.

The Look 357's are junk. I bought them to upgrade from my Look 206's, but quickly traded them back in to get a new pair of 206's again. The 357's had an annoying squeak that loads of grease and WD40 could not fix. I got so irritated by the end of a ride that I wanted to scream. Finally, I did an analysis with the 206's...the 206 model weighs less, has essentially the same adjusments (useful ones anyway), works exactly the same, however, due to a plastic platform, it DOESN'T squeak. As far as I'm concerned, Look's best pedal is their low end model...and I LOVE Look pedals. I just won't use any other one besides the 206.