Shimano Ultegra PD-6610 Pedals

Ultegra PD-6610

The race-ready ShimanoUltegra PD-6700 Road Bike Pedal uses a...

mlkovacs   Road Racer [Jan 18, 2011]
Strength:

Very good bearings. Adjustable tension. Decent strength to weight ratio.

Plastic platform clip wears easily. Nose that cleat hooks into (front) wears easily and squeeks.

A good overall pedal. Shimano quality. Bearings will definitely outlast the other pedal parts.

Similar Products Used: Look (long time ago).
croix de fer   Road Racer [Mar 27, 2010]
Strength:

read above, goofball!!

NONE for the $ being paid but compared to other systems they are a tad bit heavy. But if they were lighter then maybe they would not be as durable... got it liver lips?

best farkin' pedals money can buy for any occasion, bilches... whether it be racing, training, commuting, rec/charity rides or just plain fruitin' off. I have two sets, one on each bike... I've accumulated about 28,000 mile on both (about 14,000 each) and both pedal sets are as funtionally sound as when they were new. Never a problem... very durable... never a phantom release... great bearings and real smooth... great power transmission... stable wide platform... all that chit tough guy!!!!

For the money they are better than Dura Ace, speedplay, campy, look, time... beats 'em all, bilches... beats 'em all!!

msonaram   Road Racer [Mar 10, 2009]
Strength:

worked well in all weather

none so far

good pedal for the long haul

Zipp0   Recreational Rider [Aug 21, 2008]
Strength:

-not expensive
-not overly heavy
-large platform
-confidence inspiring clip-in

-not double sided, but you can adapt

I'm a new mountain bike racer who trains on the road. These pedals are a great value for the money. The click-in is super solid and sounds like ski bindings. Not too much float, which I prefer on the road. I didn't even need to adjust the tension from the factory.

Similar Products Used: Time ATAC
NavTri   Triathlete [Aug 11, 2008]
Strength:

Looks, price, clip-in & clip-out performance.

Too little float

Nice looking pedals at a good price point. Too little float for me - put a lot of pressure on my knees no matter how much I tinkered with the cleat position. Moved from Looks, which gave me no problems, to the Shimano which strained my knees and now to Speedplay Zeros - which I love.

Similar Products Used: Looks (red cleat) and Speedplay Zero
tnsdoc   Triathlete [Feb 14, 2008]
Strength:

- Wide stable platform
- Easy & solid engagement/disengagement
- Reasonably priced
- No hot spots
- Flawless performance

- None to speak of

I use these pedals on both my long distance bike and TT bike because it just works flawlessly. Easy and solid engagement no matter what the weather or conditions, no inadvertent clip-outs and a nice, wide and stable platform. I don't feel any hot spots as with my old Speedplays and the cleat wear isn't too bad with cleat covers. Probably not the lightest or most high tech looking, but I don't care....they're solid and dependable.

Similar Products Used: Speedplays, Time RXS
funknuggets   Road Racer [Feb 14, 2008]
Strength:

No severe weight penalty for the relatively low cost.

Functionality under various conditions

No squeaks, clicks, etc

Finish mars relatively easily.

Cleats could be more durable.

I have ridden several pedals, Look, Speedplay tis, etc, and this pedal has been one of the most solid performers day in and day out of any pedal I have had. I have thrown about everything at it and they still perform valiantly despite being beaten to death.

The thing that constantly amazes me is their ability to function well, despite cleats that are absolutely harked. Despite being ridden in rain, gunk...etc... no squeaks. Plus... no phantom releases under duress. From a strictly performance aspect, I have not ridden a more reliable pedal.

Solid snap in even after... what... 10000 miles?

Similar Products Used: Speedplay Ti x-1
Various Look
David   Road Racer [Aug 19, 2007]
Strength:

large platform, performance, my foot has never popped out

none. i have had no problems at all with these pedals

before i had these pedals i used a two sided shimano mountain bike pedal and the first time that i used this pedal i really liked it and even though you can only get in from one side it became very fluid for me to just click my foot in. and the higher level D.A. pedals really done have many advantages to them besides a couple of grams but about 60/70 more dollars

Similar Products Used: shimano spd mountain pedals
A Tallent   Road Racer [Aug 03, 2007]
Strength:

Solid, smooth, comfortable.

clip in angle, squeek, cleat wear has been bad and I never walk in them.

Once in the pedals are comfortable and stable. Used various Look pedals for nearly 20 years prior to these and after a year still cannot get the perfect no look clip in on a regular basis. Have to deal with the dreaded pedal squeek as well. Will probably go back to Looks soon as the cleat wear, squeek, and inability to rid myself of my LOOK clip in muscle memory.

Similar Products Used: LOOKs from the beginning of time.
Ken   Road Racer [Jul 13, 2007]
Strength:

Design & stability

Quality

I like the design but can't stand the quality... I've had three (3) of these, all on the left side, disconnect from their spindles. Shimano, when called, had no suggestions as to setup changes that could help. There is nothing a user can do to fix them... had to switch (to Speedplay). BTW I am a large, fast rider, up on the pedals pushing it, but so what?... It's bad engineering. Maybe something more sturdy than press to fit cro-moly? (DA version apparently has similar issues and uses a C-M spindle too, or I'd have gone that route.)