Speedplay Frog Stainless Pedals

Frog Stainless

Speedplay Frog Stainless Steel Pedal: Not just a great off-road pedal system, Speedplay Frog pedals are ideal for road riders who prefer a recessed, walkable cleat. Like their amphibious namesake, Frog pedals are equally at home in dry or muddy terrain.

Paul W.   Recreational Rider [Jun 10, 2014]
Strength:

Light, small, replaceable, US-made, 254g

grease port screw can strip

These are great road pedals, with 13 degrees of float. They are probably the lightest and smallest pedals you can get, which is highly desireable. I have the Ti version, which are 210g. Some people say Speedplay pedals are easy to dismount from. I have not found this to be the case, so when I am fatigued, I dismount one foot if I think I may have to stop up ahead. I have nothing to compare these pedals with, so maybe they are relatively easy to get out of. I had to get the new G3 cleats (versus the older Frog cleats) to work with my road shoes, but that was a simple process.
These are the best road pedals I know of. Grease them every 6 months and you are set.