Time Equipe Pro Steel Pedals

Time Equipe Pro Steel Pedals

• Mag body, steel axle
  • Lower bioposition (sole to spindle distance) of 8.5 mm.
  • 10° angular freedom and 5mm of lateral clearance.
  • 35' cornering clearance.

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 11, 2011]
    simon

Strength:

bearings, float, never unclip when pulling hard.

scratched easy when you ride 10,000miles/yr. shoe plates wear out fast and you need to carry spare shoe plates for long rides.

switched from toe clips to these. never had any problems (tried look pedals unsucessfully), were good for around 12years, never needed any maintainance.

i'd be eager to hear of anything better, campy record track quills were what they replaced.

[Apr 06, 2004]
    Robert Alcasabas

Strength:

Lateral float and no knee problems EVER with cycling. No accidental unclipping in the sprints or climbs. Solid platform.

They look clunky and I need to use adapter plates for my Sidi shoes, but they work well. Did I mention NO KNEE PROBLEMS compared to my LOOK or Shimano buddies?

Have used to TIME brand pedals since 1992 when I first got my red TIME Sprint pedals. Bought these Equipe Pros knowing I was getting a solid, dependable product.

Always TIME when it came to clipless designs.

[Oct 04, 2002]
    martinj001

Strength:

Love the lateral float. Offers slightly less "heel out" rotation as Look, but the rotation is more free floating than Look as well.

Weight. Slightly heavy compared to some pedals out there nowadays.

Very nice pedals. I had knee problems that developed while riding Look PP396 that just didn't seem to go away even when I took several weeks off. I switched to Time on a tip from a chat forum and haven't had any knee problems since. Many people say that Time pedals are harder to clip in and out of, but I found that it isn't any harder at all, just slightly different than Look--just need a couple days to get used to it.

Look PP396, older Look versions as well

[Sep 03, 2002]
    gorillaman56

Strength:

smoothness, ease of use even getting into them is easy and getting out when you need to is no problem

the Cleats wear quickly especailly the newer ones that are some type of plastic

These pedals just keep on working. I have used them for probably 10 years now with virtually no maintenance other than cleaning and some oiling. The cleats wear out pretty regularly but almost no wear on the pedals.

shimano

[Jan 10, 2002]
    pet

Strength:

excellent power transfer, especially sprinting and comfort for long rides.

weight + prices + built quality could be much better for the premium price! Paint peel-off petty fast!......For this PRICE, th pedal body should be anodised for lightness and durablility!!!!!!!!!!!

The best pedal I''ve ever use, if U solely use it for racing & training. Low profil fat contact to spindle and power transfer is awesome. No Hot-Spot when use with Sidi Genius_4, with excellent comfort for log rides. I''ve been spent $$$$ with Speedplay, Shimano SPD-R, Look & SPD....these are junk when you compare the feel, comfort + power transfer of these pedals. It will fit in to riders who commute, as walking on these Time cleats is dangerous.

SPD-R & SPD & LOOK & SpeedPlay

[Aug 14, 2001]
    Jesus Nieto

Strength:

Rock solid engagement, almost indestructible, no play between pedal plattform and Time shoe. Freedom of lateral movement feels like heaven after 5 hours on the bike.

If you break the rear plastic cover it's very hard to step in, your cleat will snatch the spring. It's really worth to find a spare cover and keep it just in case.

These pedals have no equal for serious racers. Sure, there are lighter pedals around, but these are worth every gram. I started as a track racer, and used modified campy pedals with the 3 toestrap setup invented by Giuseppe Grassi. Then I tried different clipless setups for road racing, but I always went back to my track pedals, until I borrowed some Time shoes & pedals, and I got hooked for life! I got the same feeling of the pedals being a part of your foot, but never again got numb toes, and I felt every piece of energy transfered directly to the wheel. I even used them for track racing at world cup level (pursuit and points), and I also used them for my only mountain bike race ever, and didn't have the slightest problem with mud buildup!! Try that with any other brand!! Durability? I got them in 1991, raced on them on different bikes until '96 using them every single day, up to 42 hours a week. Sprint training, dead stars, jumping potholes and railroad tracks, kissing wheels on the track, never had an unwanted release, I've only had to replace the plastic rear covers twice and one bearing, which I could do at home. And I still use the one way release rear cleat that came on the box, and I have replaced the front cam twice. I moved to Cancun and quit racing, but I still like to ride hard, and those grinded and ugly pedals still feel like they belong to my feet. My only complaint is that at the time I did road racing it was hard to find a spare bike with Time pedals. I even had some arguments with team directors who wanted me to use something else. But no regrets. These and my Avocet O2 saddle are the two things I will die with. Don't believe every paid advertising you read, borrow a Time shoe/pedal set that fits you well and you will see what I mean!!

Look, Shimano new and old. All of them suck, too much unwanted play.

[Jun 21, 2001]
    HC

Strength:

proven design and durability

weight, $

I've been using Time pedals for over 10 years. They are not the lightest, but they do work without fail. I have never pulled out of them, and they require little maintenance.

The float is smooth especially if you put a little grease on the pedal platform, and the entry and release is predictable.

look

[Jan 26, 2001]
    Chris

Strength:

Superb float and smooth operation. Solid retention for all levels of effort. Overall strength.

Cost

The pedal is where is all happens. If you are counting grams these pedals will seem expensive. If you are looking for a solid pedal that will last for literally years without fail, this is it. I have never pulled out of the cleat, and have had reduced ankle problems since using time pedals. Gettin in to these takes some force, but after a couple of clip-ins its easy.

Maintenance can be tricky, and many posters have this complaint, it takes some time and effort but is worthwhile to maximize longevity. Also a narror pedal spanner is required and cleats wear out quick - but that is better than the pedals wearing down.

These with SIDI or TIME shoes are a great combination.

A solid pedal with great float, confort and performance. Expensive but worth every cent.

Shimano Ultegra Pedals, Look and previous Times

[Sep 30, 2000]
    V. Smith

Strength:

Float and distance between foot and pedal spindle. Once clipped in they offer excellent power transfer and are as smooth as butter.

They are a little heavy and they are difficult to lube. The cleats themselves wear out pretty fast. I ride about 120-140 miles/week and I have already gone through my first pair of cleats. They can also be a little difficult to get into if they haven't been cleaned recently.

I love the feel of the cleats but would not have bought them had I not stumbled into the deal I got from Outdoors, Inc. The durability of the cleats is a disappointment and I wish the pedals themselves were easier to work on. That said, they DO give a sweet ride and most of my gripes seem insignificant when I settle into a steady cadence and the pedals work so smooth that I forget they are there.

First pair of road pedals, have ridden Shimano 747's on my mtn. bike for 2 years.

[Dec 02, 2000]
    Peter Rhodes

Strength:

These pedals are stable and smooth. You cannot pull out of them accidentally in sprints and major mashing. Readily available cleats at local shops and they have been around for a long time. My current pedals are over 5 years old. They are beat up looking, but work exceptionally well.

Compared to some pedals out there some would call them heavy, but if you look at how long they last, and how stable they are, you really have no need to worry about a few grams, take it off your butt instead.

I would suggest using the pedals with Time Shoes or a respectable adapter. I do not like the look adapter that you can use. Just get a pair of Sidi or Northwave, or Carnac if you do not like the Time Shoe. I have smacked my pedals in crits on corners, an although some paint is now missing and they are not pretty to look at, the function really well. I replace my cleats 1-2 times a year. I dont not suggest doing a lot of walking in the shoes, I don't know why you would, but some people have posted it as a complaint. Again. The cost is far out weighed by the fact that I have had them for so long that it basically costs very little over the depreciation on the product.

none. I have used Time Pedals and shoes for over 10 years.