Time I-Clic Carbon Pedals

Time I-Clic Carbon Pedals

Hollow titanium axle, carbon body, flexible carbon blade, aluminum arch axle...

[Jun 22, 2011]
dogrange

Strength:

Easy entry/exit. Nice float.

Manufacturing quality issues with the bearings, at least on my set.

Bought these when they first came out. Relatively easy clip-in and exit, nice float. Problem was that the bearings had significant play right out of the box, and there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust that out. Bad bearing quality not acceptible in higher-end pedals like this. Returned them.

Shimano Dura Ace 7810 - no issues so far. Float not as nice as the iClics, but the feel is rock solid and bearings are good.

[Apr 30, 2011]
Mr__scott

Strength:

Good on the knees!!!good for climbing

plastic pedals (throughing a bit of chopped carbon in your plastic does not make it carbon fiber)but everyone is marketing this way now

Love these pedals. rode look type pedals for 30 years and they just ruined my knees. switched to these and within a week was riding without pain and knees were better within 3 months. Cost? $2000 in doctor bills and $120 for pedals. they do clip in somehat funny, but you get used to it. ride great and climb wonderfully

many types of look pedals

[Apr 20, 2011]
Marc

Strength:

Lightweight
Feel great while they are working

Cleats are not durable--- Do not buy them unless 100% of the cleat is supported by the shoe.

These are the best-feeling pedals I've used in 30 years of regular riding, but the cleat design is faulty--- In my case, I ride with the cleats most of the way back on my Sidis. The internal corner of the cleat is not supported by the sole of my shoes and breaks off after a couple weeks of riding. I replaced my original cleats with the "generation 2" cleats that were supposedly more durable but saw no difference. I had the same fit with the Time RXS cleats and Look cleats and never had a problem. Their engineers got greedy chasing weight reduction goals.

Time Impact
Time RXS
Time Criterium
Original Look

[Dec 18, 2010]
michaeld-c

Strength:

Look really good.
Easy to get into.
Cleats have a good range of adjustment.
Bearings are nice.
Very light for the money.
Low stack height.

Cleats are shocking.
Inconsistent engagement.

Tried these for a while at the insistance of my wife who is 45kg and finds it hard to clip into a lot of pedals.

They work but they don't quite live up to the hype. Engagement is very easy and disengagement is no harder than other quality pedals. The bearings are smooth enough, they look good and have a very low stack height.

We both found you could occasionally clip in and find the sole of your shoe not seated properly. The result would be a slight rocking sensation on the pedal platform.

The weird thing was I could get them to rock front to rear and my wife felt rocking from side to side. We persisted with them for a while but I wore a set of cleats out in no time. (I'm 85kg and try to be gentle with my gear.) The wife had no issues, probably because she is half my weight.

Left us with mixed feelings.

Look Keo standard (reasonable). Dura Ace 7810 (excellent) and older 7800 (good). Time RXS Ti (excellent). Look Keo 2 Max Carbon (no good).