Time iCLIC 2 Carbon Road Pedals

iCLIC 2 Carbon Road

Time iClic2 Carbon Road Clipless Pedal. The latest evolution of the very unique and race-tested iClic series from Time. Identical to the tour-competitive iClic2 Titan in every way except for it's hollow steel axle, which provides much better power efficiency as compared to the relatively flexible titanium axle found in it's big brother.

goodhobbes   Recreational Rider [Nov 20, 2014]
Strength:

weight, ease of use.

Bearing and spindle become lose after less than 200km or riding. No way to adjust or tighten.

This is a poorly designed pedal with no way of adjust ting the bearings when they become lose after very little use.
I would NOT recommend this pedal. Pedal are useless after such a short time.

Similar Products Used: Speedplay. Excellent!!
OVERALL
edsc   [Aug 26, 2012]
Strength:

1) Ease of clipping-in
2) Easy set-up with precise adjustability
3) Smooth floating motion
4) Weight
5) Wide cleat makes it easy to walk and is not slippery

I have been using the top of the line Look Keo Blade Carbon pedals and the Look Keo Max pedals for a long time. I was never really happy with the pedals because they did not have a smooth floating motion and it was hard to set-up the proper alignment of new replacement cleats. In addition it was hard to clip-in at times (specially the Max pedals) and they are very slippery to walk on unless you have the cleats with the black-rubber bottoms but they wear out really fast. I recently purchased the Time iClic2 pedals for my wife. I was firstly impressed with how easy it was to set-up the alignment because the top screw of the cleat lets one dial-in the rotation-degress from neutral with precission. The cleat is also wide which makes it a stable and non-slippery surface to walk around. I decided to give the pedals a try myself so I purchased the iClic2 Carbon pedals to replace the Look Keo Blade Carbon pedals.

The pedals are absolutely great! First as I mentioned earlier, I was able to easily install them and aling them with precission. But above all, I love the fact that the cleats clip-in the pedals very easily and without any trouble all the time! The floating motion is smooth and not jerky like in the Look pedals. The cleat is wide and it feels safe walking on concrete even when there is a slope like I have in my driveway. I've had instances with the Look cleats when I have slipped when using the ones without the black rubber botttoms.

Great pedals.