Time iCLIC 2 Racer Road Pedals

iCLIC 2 Racer Road

We all know it’s virtually impossible to make a better mousetrap but only Time could find a way...

BenFD   Recreational Rider [Oct 12, 2012]
Strength:

Big surface area. Decent weight. Body stays upright so you don't need to flip pedal to clip in.

Some times hard to click in to. Cleats wear easily making it even harder to click in to.

Overall a good pedal. They are a little finicky to click in to but they have allot of surface area and feel great, The cleat is very weak and poorly designed. Almost immediately the front of the cleat started to wear, really wear. After a couple of rides the front point of the cleat became grossly deformed like a dog had been chewing on it, then big strips of plastic started peeling off which made it very difficult to clip in. I cut the strips off which revealed the cleat is made of two layers of plastic a soft [sacrificial?] top layer and a hard under layer. I cut the shredded plastic down to the hard layer on the front, but now they feel sloppy.

If I had been hanging out drinking coffee walking around in them I might understand but I haven't, I hardly walk in them at all, Most of my ridding is in the country so I'm not clicking out at every stop light or dragging my feet. The cleat is so soft it's almost defective.

Bottom line, I like the pedal even though it's a little hard to click in to but the cleat wears so quickly I'm considering new pedals.