Campagnolo Centaur-10 Triple Rear Derailleur

Campagnolo Centaur-10 Triple Rear Derailleur

Built in the classic Campy design to provide crisp shifting specifically for the Centaur Triple drivetrain with the use of a 13/29 cassette.

[Jul 17, 2008]
cslayton

Strength:

Main strength is strength, alloy construction is fairly bullet-proof.

If you are all right with anything below Chorus, weight-wise, it takes a lot of limiter adjustments on the long cage during the cable stretch period on the Compact double. That is the nature of the beast, however. But I seem to be tweakling it almost every day.

I replaced the pulleys with VCRC Ceramic pulleys and am still in the adjustment phase, the pulleys are a lot thinner than the Campys and more prone to pulling off at the bottom, which is NOT A CAMPAGNOLO PROBLEM. I also recently went from a triple to Compact double.

I got tired of the premium prices of the higher lines, since like a lot of riders I am not riding on a indoor track nor do I have a support team following me in a car. I have basically gone with New/Old Stock in the past, since the Campy stuff is rebuildable. So this is probably ca 2005 Centaur, not a bit of carbon anywhere on it, all gunmetal alloy.

I find the mechanism as smooth and reliable as any Campy stuff I have owned, and this is the "lowest" group I have ever used in a drivetrain for years. This just seems like the Chorus stuff I could not afford a few years ago.

Record, Ultegra

OVERALL
[Sep 09, 2007]
Peter Mills

Strength:

Looks pretty.

Low gear adjustment not sufficient

OK, I didn't buy this exact derailleur, but a very similar one--a Veloce long cage rear. It was specced as a nine speed--I have an eight so I didn't think there would be a problem, but it turns out that the low adjustment screw could not be screwed in far enough! This is lame--all the other mechs I've used have no problem adapting to any number of speeds, including none--the derailleur is basicly fixed in place. For something this price, I expect better engineering--and there is no difference in the design of the adjusting screws on the model shown...

Every type of mech imaginable except Campagnolo--after this experience I don't think I will try another...

OVERALL