SRAM Apex Rear Derailleur

SRAM Apex Rear Derailleur

SRAM again raises the bar of Rear Derailleur performance with their new Exact Actuation Apex rear derailleur. The Apex rear dearailleur represents the same design philosophy that has delivered their best in class products for the road marke...

[Jul 20, 2015]
JP

Strength:

accurate shifting as promised

I have a 2014 model. Shifter cable is routed through a groove in the derailleur. on rough terrain the cable slips out of the groove causing slopping and sticky shifting. This is a fatal flaw in the design of this derailleur. It's a pretty simple design fix and hopefully future models will provide some kind of closure or closed routing for the cable. The cable also easily slips out when pivoting the derailleur to install the wheel.

Overall, the product works excellent compared to other derailleurs I've had. It doesn't require constant adjustment and fine tuning. Just have to be careful when on rough terrain for that cable.

OVERALL
[Mar 23, 2011]
PapyRoy

Strength:

Clean crisp shifting.
Much lighter than the triple with greater range of gears.

Once I get it fine tuned there will probably be none.

I just replaced the triple that came with my Felt F90 (which was replaced with an F55 after a chainstay broke).
I have the 50/34 11/32 combination.

My bike now feels much lighter and shifts are much crisper. With the new compact setup I have been able to do all my local rides in the large chainring while staying in the middle range of the cassette during most of the ride.

I haven't tried any really steep climbs yet but I feel that this new setup will make them much easier.

The only issue I have noticed is that the rear derailleur does not keep the correct gear in the middle of the cassette. I'm going to have this fine tuned by a shop soon.

I am otherwise very happy with this new arrangement. Its probably the best purchase I have made in my more than 30 years of riding.

Since I bought this from Quickshipper.com I saved at least $400.00 on the group including the bb.

OVERALL