Alpha Q GS10 Forks

• Material: Carbon
  • Steerer Tube: 1-1/8" Threadless

[Apr 24, 2011]
Steve Scarich

Strength:

Light weight, plenty stiff, absorbs road shock.

None that I know of, but might not be great for big guy (I am only 170 pounds).

Great fork. I actually dumped my last ride, a Giant TCR, because the fork would go away at 50mph on twisty roads. I bought the used Calfee with a brand new Alpha Q fork just installed on a refinishing of the bike. I was a bit leery of a carbon steerer fork, but this has been great. Light, absorbs lots of road shock, but plenty stiff. Not super stiff, though, I can feel a bit of flex when I am out of the saddle, but still tracks straight. Nice looking, too.

Giant TCR, CAAD 7, Kestral EMS

[May 07, 2010]
agbagel

Strength:

This a super solid descender, and stiff with the sprints.

Just be very sure of your steer tube before epoxying, then all will be great

I swapped these in for OEM Specialized Tarmac Fork. Lot of juddering on hard stops , esp. while turning. Pretty much all gone with Alpha Q installed.

You really have to be committed to your steer tube height before you go with these forks. Once you epoxy the top nut in, that's it. I've been riding this length on my fork for 3 years, I felt very comfortable with staying at this height.

specialized OEM

[Mar 11, 2009]
Alan Gibbs

Strength:

Very light, Ride quality & stiffness.

Proper instalation of steerer reinforcement is vital & may confuse those less mechanicl.

Got these forks second hand off ebay. Obviously hadnt had much use & had not been installed correctly as in pristine condition & no alu insert glued in the steerer tube. Tryed ording the correct insert & after waiting 3 weeks, made my own & installed the star nut & glued it in. These forks have transformed an allready nice ride into something very special. They are stiffer & yet more compliant. How does that happen ? You can notice the lack of weight in the front end & the bike really comes alive.
Money well spent. RRp $599 AUS. Probably would not pay this much if new.

Columbas Muscle, Cannondale slice, Specialized with Zertz inserts.