Kinesis Carbon 3 Forks

Carbon 3

The brilliant Kinesis Yellow or Stealth Black paint finish on our most affordable carbon fork is durable and attractive. Like every Kinesis road fork, the Carbon 3 features a chromoly steerer, forged crown and thermal-bonded construction. Blade cross section: 38mm x 22mm at crown, 22mm x 20mm at tips.

JSupan   Recreational Rider [Sep 03, 2003]
Strength:

It survived a 30mph spill this past weekend (rider error). No troubles. Great price.

I'm not wild about the black paint job. It's good, but the weave pattern is only noticable in the unpainted "Kinesis" name area. The yellow color option was a worse choice for my bike color.

Had my LBS order and install this fork, switching from threaded to threadless headset. What a difference from the Kinesis aluminum alloy fork that came with the bike. Smoothed the ride out very nicely.

Similar Products Used: Steel, Cro-moly & aluminum forks on various bikes.
thejen   Recreational Rider [Aug 19, 2002]
Strength:

Stiff climber Smooth rider

Can't beat this fork for the money! I originally put this fork on my aluminum Klein to smooth out the bumps. What surprised me, was how stiff the fork was for climbing! And it really did smooth out the pavement, too. And it cost about 1/2 as much as a Time fork. Now I have one on my titanium bike, too.

Similar Products Used: None
ricpd   Recreational Rider [Oct 17, 2001]
Strength:

Great ride with at least as much vibration dampening as I thought was possible.

None seen yet, but long term durability unknown. I took on heck of a bump at 24 mph last weekend and everything is intact.

I took a chance on this fork, hoping to smoothen out a very harsh ride for the sake of my upper body. I cannot believe the impact this fork has had. The Netherlands has a phenomenal amount of dedicated bike trails, although many of them are constructed with "pavers" (and are still smoother than most roads in Delaware!!!). I was converting from a 1 1/4" steerer tube to 1 1/8" and opted to make the transition with a Chris King "Devolution" - - awesome headset and affordable only because of the cheap price I got the fork for.

Similar Products Used: None
Roarke Wright   Recreational Rider [Mar 22, 2001]
Strength:

Compatability

dont know yet

The addition of this fork has made a remarkable difference in the smoothness of this bike it realy soaks up bumps. This is a great carbon fork to compliment steel at a reasonable price.