Kinesis Road-D Forks

Kinesis Road-D Forks

The Road-D gets its name from the D-shaped aluminum blades Kinesis engineers developed exclusively for our most popular fork. Also available with Easton E9 fork blades

[May 23, 2017]
Paul W.

Strength:

Light, good-looking, reliable, strong, right amount of flex

I had the Road-D fork installed around year 1999-2000 on my Raleigh Technium and immediately noticed the improvement in handling and the benefits of dropping almost two pounds off the front of the bike by ditching my stock chrome-moly fork. Fork blades are about 30mm width, front to back. I'm still riding on them, and no one I know in real life or online has ever reported a failure of a bonded aluminum Kinesis fork.
I can feel some flex when I am going really fast (over 20mph) over smooth bumps, but not the kind of flex that absorbs energy. Just enough flex to make it fun. At all other times, the fork has the perfect amount of rigidity ..,not enough to cause discomfort or "tingling' in the hands.
Kinesis makes great alloy forks. Too bad they do not market their stuff in the U.S. anymore: You have to go to a european or asian website to get them.

Kinesis Maxlight 450 on MTB

OVERALL
[Feb 27, 2001]
Mark

Strength:

Relatively light and strong, cost effective, predictable handling

slightly whippy on choppy surfaces

Most cost effective fork out there, standard for many years. Similar comfort qualities to my other forks. My bike feels a bit lazy but it could be the CAAD2 frame design (wheelbase) combined with the wrong fork rake - make sure you get the correct rake for your bike. A carbon fork would make a nice upgrade but it is hard to justify paying $300 to save 1/2 of a pound on an older bike. 3 stars on overall reating due to lack of size markings on fork and inability to dampen.

Steel, Carbon.