Nashbar Carbon Forks

• Top of crown to center of axle: 398mm
  • Spacing: 100mm

[May 16, 2010]
CircaRigel

Strength:

Smooth ride
reduction in road vibration
lightweight
looks good
Fantastic price for high quality

Only black available

I got the threaded fork to complete my rebuild of my old 1987 vintage Vitus 979. The base of the steerer needed some machining to fit the headset I have, and about 15mm had to be cut off the threaded end, but once that was done, it was a perfect fit. First time out on the roads, I was able to notice a definite improvement, with significant reductions in road vibration. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to upgrade their old vintage bike with modern components.

Vitus 979 aluminum fork

[Feb 23, 2010]
tfinator

Strength:

stiff, light, cheap, visually attractive

none yet?

used their threadless carbon road fork to upgrade my 85' schwinn to the whole threadless deal with a new stem and some ritchey bars. its cheap. it took probably 1.2 lbs off the bike. it feels nice. it looks awesome. i dont trust carbon fiber for a seocnd, in the long run, but at this price point i can jsut stick a new fork on every 2 years at essentially no cost (cause theyre always having a sale, anyway, which is totally why i go there.) when i can afford a new bike (maybe when im out of college) perhaps ill upgrade.. but for the price this thing is SUH-WEET

steel fork

[Sep 27, 2008]
Mike Krueger

Strength:

High quality workmanship
Good performance
Low price

Fork was purchased to replace my LOOK LDS fork that was destroyed in an accident. This fork has a threaded steel steerer tube, aluminum crown, and carbon fiber legs with alminum dropouts. I filed the lawyer lips off the dropouts so that I could mount the wheel quickly.
I can report that this fork feels identical to my LOOK fork. It does what it is supposed to do. The workmanship seems to be of high-quality, and you cannot beat the price.

LOOK LDS aero fork
Columbus and True Temper steel forks

[Apr 06, 2008]
sunshine

Strength:

Price, excellent Taiwanese graftmanship. Shock absorption quality is outstanding.

I wished they offered in straight blade version.

This is a review for Carbon road fork. Had the fork installed with Surly Steamroller and it was well matched. The lightweight fork helps bring down the excess weight of the frame and compliments the nature of a steel frame. Has a nice and quality clearcoat over the carbon fiber and joins the aluminun steel tube and dropout seamlessly.

First carbon fork purchased.