Profile Design AC Forks

Profile Design AC Forks

One of the lightest forks available weighing in at a scant 320 grams with a 300mm steerer. Continuous carbon fibers run from drop out to the steerer increasing lateral stiffness. 700C or 650C. Carbon fiber gap cap included. Bulged, inner blades for improved sprinting, climbing and cornering.

[Dec 05, 2004]
BMoney

Strength:

Light,strong,and good all around fork for training or racing.

Cost

One of the lightest forks on the market. I am vey impressed with Profile Design on this fork. I wanted to go full carbon when upgrading and shopped around a bit. This fork really takes the edges off the road. I made the switch from my heavy stock aluminum fork and could immeditly tell the difference. My cornering improved as a result of the light manuevering and responsiveness. It looks better than other forks out there (Easton, Reynolds)and I prefer the matte finsih over the gloss.

Aluminum

[Feb 05, 2003]
scooter0007

Strength:

good attention to detail, can be a good value if you shop Supergo.com. Wonderful ride quality and LIGHT!

I would perfer a gloss finish instead of the matte finish. This would better match my bike.

I upgraded from the stock Lemond threaded fork with AL steerer and dropped almost a pound of weight. That is total fork, stem and new bars. The ride is supple without being too soft in hard corners. I paid too much for this at my lbs but hey they have to eat too!

stock lemond carbon fiber fork with al steerer.

[Jan 08, 2003]
mackpappy

Strength:

Does what a fork should. The ride is very nice. I went from a custom steel fork which I really liked, and the Profile was a world better in the ride dept. Very smooth, but stiff in the corners, and under braking. Mine is 1 1/8 threadless, fyi.

The headset fixing hardware is pretty cheesy, but it works. The tips are about 2mm further apart than my hub flanges, which is odd.

Super light, looks good, rides great.

[Jun 04, 2002]
usnAgent007

Strength:

Extremely light; it is haled as the lightest fork on the market. Supposedly 320g with a 300mm stearer. Profile will replace a crashed fork for 30% below retail. They take care of their people. http://www.profile-design.com/technical_warranty.html

None; if the weight is an indication of structural integrity, I haven't had any problems. I've seen it suggested that riders be under 200lbs for this. I wish it were light AND had the aero profile, but I'm being extrememly picky.

This fork has been amazing. I dropped a HUGE amount of weight upgrading from my OEM Trek fork (feels like 2.5 lbs)...it really is a climber's dream. It rides smoooooth and feels more responsive. There's just no weight up there! It's great.

Trek OCLV Air Rail carbon, 1" threaded, chromoly stearer. <---very heavy by comparison.

[Jan 21, 2001]
Andrew Baird

Strength:

Light weight and STIFNESS!

None, if you are in the market for a new threadless fork look no further.

This new fork setup is 3/4 of a pound lighter that my old setup. The fork feels much more stiff laterally thanthe old look. I have a friend who recently bought a look all carbon fork, also 1", and his steerer tube seems to flex more up top when you push on the bars than mine does. I have only ridden four or five times since I got it but, so far I think it is so much better thatn my previous fork. We will see how it feels after a long ride soon. This having a new baby cuts into your riding time. If you are in the market for a new fork and you want a stout yet light fork I suggest that you seriously consider this one. If you are looking for name recognition buy the Look all carbon. If you want the best fork for your dollar go with the Profile Design AC. I can't remember which month it was that Bicycling Mag compared the Look and Profile all carbon forks and the Profile got their vote too.

Old fork was a look that came on my litespeed in 1997. This fork was a Christmas present along with new headset and stem. My dad got a special package deal from my LBS in the $350 range. That was with a Cane Creek S-5 headset and a Profile 02 stem, they used to callit the Peloton.