Profile Design SC Forks

SC

Carbon performance in a traditional design. CrMo steering column. Straight fork blades for increased stiffness and precise handling. Traditional, straight fork blades for stiffness and a classic look. 700C only. Threaded or Threadless. High-Performance for road events. 508 grams (Aluminum 300mm).

jhen   Road Racer [Jan 14, 2010]
Strength:

Light weight, better steering, fast looking and less fatigue while using.

Brake bolt may have to be cut down.

I bought this to replace the oh-so-boring aluminum fork I got for my titanium road bike. I found this one to be stiff and rather heavy in front, not at all what I expected from Kinesis so I got a replacement.

I had heard of failures among these type of forks and was cautious at first, steer around potholes, etc.

I found it had better vibration absorption, leaving my arms less tired after long rides. I also found it had a lighter feel on the front end, making quick turns was much easier, as the trail of the fork was less and made tight turns much easier. I also started noticing the rougher roads were easiy to pick and maintain the line you wanted withour drifting.

The carbon weave under the clear was also quite visually appealing. I did find the fixing bolt for the front brake had to be cut down, as it bottomed before getting a firm grip. I had used Campagnolo brakes and found they had odd problems like that from time to time..

DoothaBartman   Recreational Rider [Mar 11, 2004]
Strength:

Shock absorber Awesome visuals as it absorbs the road Looks sweet (clear coat carbon fiber weave)

This thing works like a suspension fork on a mountain bike! The roughest roads are totally smoothed out. It has a ton of flex. When I ride without hands I'm amazed at how I can actually see the fork moving around underneath the bike. I'm no racer, but in addition to the supple ride this thing gives my hands a direct line to the road beneath me and steering response is incredible.

Similar Products Used: Factory, no name carbon fork from Kona
john crumlish   Road Racer [Dec 15, 2000]
Strength:

it's a great ride. way better than steel. economical. i've seen this bad boy in the low 100's, so there's no excuse for any roadie to be suffering.

none. it's a great fork and i have definitely put it to the test. off road and everything.

it rocks!

Similar Products Used: specialised steel fork. schwinn steel fork.