Reynolds Ouzo Pro Forks

Reynolds Ouzo Pro Forks

The ultimate in ride comfort, stability, and aerodynamics. Unique Vibration Minimization System (VBS) eliminates harsh road vibrations for a smooth, chatter-free ride without sacrificing stiffness or strength.

[May 18, 2009]
Edward Young

Strength:

Weight

Out of alignment - caused consistent high speed wobble/shimmy.

Wonderful fork as long as you don't need to go fast downhill. My bike developed a high speed shimmy after I had this fork installed which kicked in at 30 - 45 mph depending on head wind speeds. Turns out the fork was out of alignment (left and right arms not symmetrical to center axis) unrepairable and no warranty. Spent $400, nearly killed me, and company wouldn't replace. Will never buy another product from Reynolds. PS - replaced fork and bike rides like it is on rails.

Kestrel; EMS

[May 28, 2008]
tomacita

Strength:

very light, many available sizes, minimal vibration gets through the deadening carbon weaves, very economic, less than half the price of the Easton equivilant.

I had a lot of difficulty with the compression plug which kept slipping and wouldn't compress my headset and allowed for play. I finally lightly scored the inside of the steerer tube and thoroughly cleaned it and the rubber O-ring on the compression plug with Isopropyl Alcohol and it finally didn't slip and allowed me to tighten my headset to an appropriate level

I'm 200lbs, a strong rider, with a few years ezperience. I replaced the stock carbon fork from my Felt F55 that had the aluminum steerer. This fork reduces my weight by almost a pound. The forks come in all sizes required to match the specifications of the bicycle ie: rake, steerer tube sizes, and an uncut steerer tube awaiting your customization. I didn't find there to be as much flex as others have reported. I felt that there was an appropriate amount of compliancy which underscores the incredible comfort afforded by this excellent forks characteristics.

stock Felt carbon legs/aluminum steerer

[Oct 21, 2007]
interactive3

Strength:

Good at absorbing road vibrations and small bumps. Very light weight. Nicely designed (looks great). High quality manufacturing.

Less than precise steering. Too much torsional flex. It seems that between the dropouts and the crown there is a lot of flex. The fork does not instill confidence at high speeds.

I'm 6'0" and 165 lbs. This is my first all carbon fork. I changed out a Specialized F.A.C.T. C-2 Carbon fork (integrated, aluminum crown and steerer, Zertz inserts). The Reynolds Ouzo Pro is MUCH lighter and absorbs vibration as well as the Specialized fork with the Zerts inserts. BUT, I'm astonished at the fork's flex. I would have gotten a different fork If I had known how flexible it was.

Specialized F.A.C.T. C-2 Carbon (integrated; aluminum crown and steerer, 43mm rake), Cannondale Slice Ultra Carbon (aluminum crown and steerer), Winwood Dusty Cross Carbon (integrated; aluminum crown and steerer)

[Aug 09, 2007]
maxpower115

Strength:

Value, (100 cheaper than AQ and EC90)
Weight
Shape

I am picky but they accent the frame with an ugly lavender color...settle, but I slight eye sore.

After months of research and feed back from various LBS, I decided between the EASTON 90 and the Reynolds. At the end of the day it came down to price, and various reviews I read on blogs. I replaced the carbon fork with alum steer on my Bianchi veloce. There was a dramatic difference in weight and shape (stock fork was wider, and more of curve). Set up was rather easy, except placing the plug was rather nerve breaking since you have to pound in it. My bike rides totally different with the new fork. It is very stiff (I am about 175 and it does not bend, my brakes pads are about 3mm from the rim). Ride is very "sporty". This is not for some one looking for additional comfort as my stock fork was softer however control is improved, and I feel that I am more connected with my front wheel.

N/A

[Mar 17, 2007]
albuquerque turkey

Strength:

confident, light and strong

none yet will get back to you if it has weakness after this review

i just have to say the reviews are true. this is a great fork for the price. at 40 mph i was afraid to pass another rider, but today no problem; of course downhill. uphill the fork responded and did not absorb energy from pedaling, very smooth ride, light and confident. i never new what having a confident fork meant but now i do. dont wait just get the fork. lbs installed fork in albq-sportoutdoors; they are the best.

masi fork other would be all mountain forks so they are not included

[Jan 14, 2007]
ryan5

Strength:

corners well, dampens road vibrations, very light and stiff.

front end is very light. must get used to it while climbing. not a real negative though. i just need to get used to it.

i upgraded from a steel fork that came with the frame. it has made a huge difference. cornering is much more precise. it soaks up road bumps. i have really enjoyed this fork so far.

profile, easton

[Oct 24, 2006]
hairylegs

Strength:

Snappy, smooth and really fun.

I'm a little upset that I don't get to use my Chris King headset cap. It seems a little spendy, but all bike gear does- especially the really fun stuff.

What a great surprise this fork was. I had to replace my old fork and I went with this one. Wow! I dive into turns like a crazy person and just laugh. I see what people mean by 'whippy' but I don't know why that's a bad thing.

[Jun 14, 2006]
tim in wa

Strength:

stiff, yet compliant, little to no lateral flex

none at this time

Weel built fork. Stiff but takes the edge off small bumps. Doesn't seem to flex laterally in the turns.

[Apr 28, 2006]
elvisVerde

Strength:

fine ride
good handling
painted it same color as frame, and it looks deluxe

none observed

I was hesitant to put this on a stiff, good performing steel frame, because I:
a) didn't like the idea of a CF fork at all
b) thought the fork would unbalance performance between the front and rear end
However, I was pleasantly surprised and I feel differently about CF now, provisionally. The fork complements the frame's ride and handling characteristics--it is stiff and good performing.

I don't understand the review that said it is "whippy" (and the guy is a lightweight guy). Maybe it is some combo of the "lite" version of the OP and/or a whippy bike, and/or some other factors, but I can't imagine how anyone would find the standard OP to be "whippy".

Litespeed Generic CF fork
Mizuno
Trek (Bonty?)

[Dec 11, 2005]
Wes

Strength:

Smooooooth, light durable, looks good. What more do you want in a fork?

None so far, although the all carbon steerer scares me everytime i need to adjust the stem, or whatever. Also price. If it didn't come with the bike, I'm not sure I would pay that much for a fork. But it is a good one.

Smooooooth. That about sums it up. Year it's light, I guess it's aero, but it's smoooooth! Sometimes I brace myself for a bump in the road, and it just doesn't happen. And this is with an all aluminum bike. This fork is on a Cannondale R400 which I bought used (which is why the price paid is $o) and not knowing anything about this fork beforehand, I've been pleasantly suprised. Would have given it a 5 in value rating, but the price is up there.

Bontrager Carbon