Time Club Threadless Forks

Club Threadless

Carbon Fiber construction. Straight-blade design.

AlvarezMike   Road Racer [Aug 22, 2007]
Strength:

Inexpensive, sturdy, looks elegant, good responsive handling, some may consider it twitchy, but when you ride an average of 100 miles a day, it just makes you that much more precise, with a little kick to your turns.

Heavy for a "Carbon" fork light for having a steel steertube.

Wow, I didn't realize how long I had used that fork until now, 3 years. I am 130lbs and this fork is bomb proof for me. I took this on some HARSH roads/riding, and its holding up great. At 500 grams its a tank...a somewhat light tank. I recently upgraded to a sub 300 gram fork and this is going to be my track bike upgrade. I am extremely happy with the value and performance of this fork.

Similar Products Used: All aluminum racing forks 1 1/8
Easton EC90 SL 1"
Various 1" threaded steel raked forks
Jan van Es   Road Racer [Apr 03, 2000]
Strength:

Comfortable, but stiff enough for serious road racing
Not overly expensive
Looks: plain, simple, straight
Light for a steel steerer fork

A very comfortable and race-worthy fork, especially given its price.

Similar Products Used: Only steel forks plus an early Trek OCLV fork that was much too flexible, resulting in inprecise cornering.
andrew love   Road Racer [May 22, 2000]
Strength:

light and absorbs road shock quite well

rather whippy when riding out of the saddle, didn't like the feel much at all, but I am a 200lb sprinter

as indicated earlier I am a big guy who uses my upper body a lot when i sprint, and I was looking for a stiff corner diving fork like the tange steel one I had on my bike before, this wasn't it. There are Carbon forks out there that have fatter blades and are more suited for that, so I replaced it with a kinesis carbon, nice fork, feels like a kestrel ems.. even looks like one. I am a fan of time products in general and really wanted to like the fork, but it wasn't great with my size and style of riding, it would probably would make a smaller person very happy though. Smooth absorption of road shock was its strong point.

Similar Products Used: kinesis aluminum, several tange prestige steel forks, briefly tried a kestrel EMS and replaced the time fork with a kinesis carbon