Cervelo SLC-SL Frames

SLC-SL

'Super Light' version of the Soloist Carbon. Weight is reduced by roughly 200g relative to the Soloist Carbon, while BB stiffness is actually increased by 5-10%

TexasTwister   Recreational Rider [Jun 18, 2011]
Strength:

Climbs excellent, very fast on flats and downhills. Superlite weight

Superlite, with Carbon Record and Zipp 404 weights in at bit over 14lbs. It is almost as fast as my P3 and climbs a lot better. I do not even notice the stiffness as it is about the same as the P3. It feels much faster and fluid than my Scott CR1. It is by far the best bike I've ever ridden and probably the last I will buy.

Similar Products Used: Scott CR1, Cervelo R3SL, P3, P2K
sjmiller05   Road Racer [Jul 24, 2010]

Finish could be better

This is a stiff, fast, super nimble ride. Some people are concerned about the finish. I will admit that the finish could be better, but it has nothing to do with the way this bike rides -- so it is not a major concern for me.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Tarmac
dgbikes   Triathlete [Jul 21, 2010]
Strength:

Fast and fun

Breakage

I was loving it, fast, stiff, responsive, so great. Then, after 450 miles, on one of the few outside rides I was able to get in during Seattle's spring, it broke on a fast downhill - the chain stay snapped 3/4 the way around. Thank god no crash but what the...? The worst part is I'm the second owner so the warranty is null.
Someone somewhere on this website wrote, "Only buy it if you can afford to buy it again..." Should have heeded that advice.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Allez
Trek 5200
Lynskey R430
hoiminglee   Road Racer [Oct 19, 2009]
Strength:

Very light, 58cm frame with dura ace comes in at 15.5lbs total
Very stiff
Very responsive

No Chain guard near BB,
Very expensive
Sometimes too stiff, you feel everything on the road

I got chain suck recently and it got stuck between BB and the crank rings. I managed to release the chain however it made an ugly mess of the finish around the BB. Needless to say I left a very sick feeling in my stomach when I assessed the damage. Cervelo should put some sort of guard along the crank side BB area for these occurences.

Solid bike with good build quality, the finish is pretty good (not sure what fit and finish issues people are referring to in previous posts). I've got several high end bikes and I won't say the that there are any quality issues with the SLC. Very stiff, so much so that I sometimes get out of the saddle for speed bumps (not with my Seven).

Similar Products Used: None really,
Carbon Ti Seven Odonata
Carbon Ti Titus Racer X
antoniodelgad68   Road Racer [Jul 27, 2009]
Strength:

Power delivery, snappy, great handling stiff as hell

You will be giving up some comfort but it can be setup to be above average

I have been riding the SL with the 7801 Durace tubeless rims with Hutchinson tubeless tires, even though the frame is stiffer than my Soloist Carbon the explosion at the crank is incredible this bike flies and with these wheels the bad is a B- this setup really makes a difference because the bike is very snappy and fast as hell. Also I think that a comfortable saddle mine is a Fizik Alliante carbon rails makes a huge difference. If you want to fly and can give up a little comfort this is the way to go.TD

Similar Products Used: Soloist carbon, Pinarello Paris
Victor valdivia   Road Racer [Jan 13, 2009]
Strength:

Blazing fast, Super Light. Very responsive.

The price is a little high.
paint job is not that great.

Unbelievable machine! This is my second
Cervelo. Cervelo is truly working with cutting edge stuff here folks, however, I'm dissapointed to see that the frame is made in Asia. It's a lot of money for something not made in Canada or in the USA.

Similar Products Used: Cervelo Team Soloist
130R   Road Racer [Mar 12, 2008]
Strength:

Responsive, quick, attractive.

Build quality, not perfect fitment, paying for their marketing

It is a very nice bike, but I like many I assume, got romanced by their marketing expenditures in the Tour.

The bike is stiff, responsive and quick, but the build quality is not what I expected. I wish I had of listened to my mates and went custom - Seven or Independent Fab - now those are actually worth the cash - and no BS hype. Go custom my friends. Still a nice ride.

Similar Products Used: Too many to list
Xavier   Road Racer [Mar 12, 2008]
Strength:

Responsive, quick, attractive.

Build quality, not perfect fitment, paying for their marketing

Similar Products Used: Too many to list
bryin   Recreational Rider [Mar 05, 2008]
Strength:

Light, stiff, feels very fast.

lotta cash.... Not a comfort bike... but then what do you expect from a rocket? Not US made, I am old school and like US made bikes.

I really thought this bike was just marketing hype, that was until I rode it. If you like to go fast and comfort is not your primary concern then buy this bike. I felt a difference between this bike and the soloist carbon, it seemed stiffer and more direct. But that may be all in my head. I got off a Time VXR to get this bike. The Time is more comfortable but not as "fast". I am bike junkie, buying and selling different bikes just to try them. It is pretty hard to get me excited but a test ride on the SLC-SL was enough to convince me. I would have loved to bought a Cannondale Super-Six (I live near Bedford PA factory and am proud of the product my neghibors makes) but after a "pepsi challenge" the Cervelo went home with me.

Similar Products Used: Paramounts (various years), Klein Q-Pro, Trek OCLV (bunch of different years) Litespeed Vortex and Classic, Bianchi EL-V 3, Javelin, Cannondales (various years), Tomassini steel, Time VXR, merckx scandium, Tested- Trek 2008 Madone, Cannondale Super-Six, Cdale System-six, Cervelo carbon soloist.
Brian   Road Racer [Aug 13, 2007]

I have a Cervelo R3 and when I come out of the saddle to sprint I get this clicking sound....Any thoughts?