Colnago Carbonissimo Frames

[Sep 12, 2007]
gearfreakNY

Strength:

None!

From the meticulously constructed COLNAGO Carbonissimo frame, the Deda Alanera carbon handlebars to the Campy Hyperon wheels to the Campy Record Gruppo w/Multidirectional Carbon crank this is the absolutely best constructed most ergonomic fitting bike I have ever sat on.

***If you want and demand the absolute pinnacle of bike design, sculpture, engineering, craftsmanship, artisanship, ergonomics, quality and most importantly ride quality, this is what your dreams are made of!!!!!!!!! Pure Italian Elegance! This is the best frame/bicycle your money can bye, period!

Seven Axiom Ti

OVERALL
[Jun 27, 2006]
Colcarbon

Strength:

I can't find any: None.

Once again, Colnago epitomizes bicycle frames. Staying equal to and/or on the leading edge of bicycle technology, this frame does not disappoint. I have had and ridden for several years a Colnago Columbus SL frame and a DeRosa (presently own)both complete with Campy and this new Carbonissimo performs above and beyond, which is no easy task considering my original Colnago was a fantastic ride. No lost energy whether I was sprinting or climbing, all my energy could be felt moving forward, at times it felt like it was actually jumping, the harder you push the faster you go, all forward motion. The Carbonissimo is no different and actually better, more responsive, solid, precise and forgiving on rough roads without any noticeable flex or give but the frame absorbs the road and bumps with no discernable vibration. The more you ride it the more you want to ride. It makes you feel like a better biker and strive to become a better biker, attempting to be equal to the bike. I find myself planning longer rides, looking for longer routes, the miles just roll away. In other words, I hope to be as good as this bike is one day, a long way to go but it's going to be fun getting there. And by the way, I haven't even mentioned the looks which are stunning, literaly a head turner. The naked carbon fibre is beautiful, the weave is visable from every angle and takes on a slight iridescent silvery-grey hue at certain angles yet displaying the beautiful weave all in the monocoque frame with I will upgrade certain components but I will never buy another bike/frame unless I damage this one and then I'll find another Carbonissimo and start over. Anyone looking for a competitive, responsive, aggressive Italian frame, this is it.

I have had and ridden for several years a Colnago Columbus SL frame and a DeRosa (presently own)both complete with Campy and this new Carbonissimo performs above and beyond, which is no easy task considering my original Colnago was a fantastic ride. I have ridden Trek Madone, DeRosa, Torrelli, Mondonico, Cervelo, Mercyx and Ridley and I prefer and enjoy this Carbonissimo by far and these other bikes are no slouches.

OVERALL