Colnago CT2 HP Frames

Colnago CT2 HP Frames

• Carbon fiber B-Stay rear triangle
  • High-Power Chainstays
  • Double overlap of materials at the bottom bracket
  • HP B-Stay rear triangle maximizes resistance to torsional flex and increases power transmission

[Jun 11, 2018]
larrylhassel91

Strength:

Snappy ride...almost twitchy, but lightning fast and forgiving when it needs to be. The finish is superb and typical of Colnago attention to detail. I have Cinelli parts and Campy Carbon Record - very nice ride. I'm sure Dura-Ace would provide silky smooth shifting, but I had to go all Italian...that was important to me. The bike is far better than this old man riding it. I have thought about adding a full Carbon Fiber bike like another Colnago or a BMC, but I have no idea why I would really need to do that. The CT2 HP is everything I ever wanted in a bike. It never leaves my grip nor my sight either!!!

I'm the only weakness when I ride this bike. I have never owned such a perfect machine. I do like my steel rides...Cinelli Super Corsa and Schwinn Paramount...but a whole different concept at work.

Price Paid:
$11000 guessing
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2004
[Apr 06, 2008]
mody

Strength:

typical colnago.premium response in sprints,utmost excellence in both ascents and descents.very attractive and elegant color.

paints around the seat tube/downtube holes(4) where we place the cage bolts are wornout.otherwise, no significant weakness that i observe.

ble in descents.shock obsorbing guality is great with the carbon highpower and b stay rear triangle.for long trips,say 4 hrs on the road:its reliable and responsive,not tiresome.after 4 years use:I notice that the titanium/carbon joints both in the bottom bracket and in the seat tube/chainstay are still strong and intact.these is after 5 minor bike falls.

I have a master olympic steel chr.moly colnago before, more stable than my ct2 but very heavy and not as responsive.

[Jan 10, 2008]
glen

Strength:

Stiff and climbs great. Energy really goes to the wheels. Forgiving when it need to be. Workmanship, paint and wielding are perfect. Makes me want to ride it! Ti and carbon are wonderful materials together.

People tell me I shouldn't be riding it because its rare and worth a lot of money (but that will not stop me)...I bought it to ride!

My favorite bike. Bought on ebay in 2006 and it came with campy chours 10 speed but I put dura ace on it recently (my thumbs can't handle the shifters anymore). Beautiful paint job. Fit is perfect for me 62cm 120 stem areo bars...I'm 6'3'' with 34 inseam. I look forward to riding it every chance I get ( never in the rain)...its a wonderful mix of meterial. Ti with carbon B seat stays and Colnago carbon fork. The bike just wants to keep on going. I can seem to ride it forever. My next bike is going to be a Colnago C50.

specialized, cannondale, kestrel and very early colnago...all materials...all components

[Jun 06, 2004]
rbpasion

Strength:

Very light, and very very responsive. Allows me to ride one gear higher on hills and on the flats.

ABSOLUTELY None!

Just built up my 04 Colnago CT2 HP with full 04 Record. I have just logged in about 500 Km on this bike after 2 weeks. I was told about the different feel of titanium after riding 7005 Aluminum and Steel for years. I cannot believe the difference. 6/4 Titanium is definitely light, very stiff, yet comfortable. This bike really wants to go fast. Our Wednesday night club rides consist of 40 Km of fast, tempo riding. I can ride one gear higher than usual and I can only attribute this to the frame's stiffness and not my legs. Road vibrations are definitely muffled and I have less soreness as compared to my aluminum set up. The B-Stay and HP technology probably makes a difference, but the looks certainly get attention. I am still tweaking bike positioning, but so far, my set up is very similar to my sloping frame set up, although the CT2 is a conventional frame (non-sloping).

[May 26, 2004]
CDanRun

Strength:

The ride is comfortable, not sure if that is mostly due to the wheels and tires, but it works. Stiff enough in the BB for me. No flexing while climbing or sprinting. Handles superb. Tracks well and corners well. Smooth ride. Looks great too.

Minor points really: A small fly found it's way into my clear coat on the TopTube. Colnago name appears 13 times. 7 would have been plenty.

Ordered the CT2 in PR10 from Maestro. Worth the wait. Ridden 500 miles. Maestro put me on a 56ct. I thought it would be small given that I'm 5'11. But the fit is great. Waited 4 months, but during a Chicago winter, so worth it. Love the bike. I was on a Trek X01, so I don't have much to compare it to. It rides great, and I expected it to.

None really. I'm coming from a Trek X01. Test rode Litespeed Vortex, Palmares, Ultimate. Chose this.