Colnago President Frames

Colnago President Frames

The President frameset will be available in two paint finishes. One is the austere PR00, a paint-free nude carbon that provides an unparalleled display of the beauty and symmetry of Colnago's Twill Weave carbon fiber. The other options is the Red-to-Nude fade known as FLR -- in our minds the most mouthwatering use of the color red on a Colnago since the Ferrari CF-1 bicycle of the late 90's.

[Sep 27, 2009]
Mark Fulwider

Strength:

better yet, no weaknesses.

better yet, every Strength you could imagine or want in a bike

I have thought of writing about this bike for almost as long as I have owned it. If you Google Colnago President,(Images) My bike shows up on top. I am involved and Passionate about this ride. Most Colnago riders are I think. Hum... Masterpiece, Understated, Classic and timeless, Pinnacle design, Show stopper. At fifty miles an hour down hill, You, as I, probably start thinking...
"Are my quick releases tight enough. Did I use enough glue on my tubes. Maybe I should post over my front wheel a little more."
What you are not thinking is, "Wrong bike for speed."
The Colnago President is speed. The most stable Bike I have ever ridden. Perfecto!
Sometimes, I just sit and stare at my Colnago... silly. I am a fine arts painter and an musician. I love Quality and Design. This bike is more than the sum of it's parts. This bike is as good as it gets. If you can find one, sell the house,
buy the bike.

Cervelo R3 SL.... great bike

[Jul 30, 2009]
Steve

Strength:

SMOOTH, quiet, super stable at speed, the smoothness makes me want to climb climb climb. I bought it at a huge discount

can be lighter but the weight adds to the solid-ness, I want another Colnago

My Scott Addict R2 is an awesome bike. It's light, climbs like a monkey and with the integrated seat post, it looks fast standing still. But there is one problem, I am getting old. The R2 is too stiff and it sure chatters a lot on the road. I need something else. I wanted something smooth, easy on the back, will go fast. BUT I am also spoiled by the Scott; I want the next bike to be stiff and climb well, and not too heavy. I want it ALL! I test road a Colnago C50 (in the parking lot) and it was smooth. Then I saw an older guy riding a nude carbon Colnago and the way it gleamed under the sun...wow, what workmanship! I had to have one. I looked for a long time and found one on eBay, drove down to see it and it was exactly as I remembered. It's even NEW! I bought it and started to process of getting all the partsand put it together. I considered Campagnolo Super 11 but decided to go with Shimano. I read some reviews on the 7900 and it cited maintenance as a major problem, so I went with 7800, cheaper too. Shimano tubeless wheels/tires, Selle SMP saddle, EC90 SLX handle bar, Ritchey carbon stem, then I was on the road. It's stunning! Everything the reviews said and the ride is solid, erie smooth, stiff and strangely quiet. I am hooked and now I want more. More Colnago. Please!

Lemond Versaille, Look 555, Scott Addict SL, Scott Addict R2

[Feb 10, 2007]
Dave Derrig

Strength:

Looks fantastic, rides great going up/down or flat and the quality is top notch.

Exspensive but so what it's only money

Much like the previous review I love this bike. I purchased the LDV paimt job from Mike at Maestro and after building it up myself with SRAM Force, Rolf Prima Vigor wheels and Deda Alnera bars I finally took ti out for it's first spin the other day. Very, very nice. Smooth but not dead, the bike doesn't make a sound and handles very well. I have had various bikes (Look 381i, Serotta Legend Ti and I still have an aluminum Cervelo Soloist) all nice in their own way but this I have a feeling takes the top prize.

Cervelo, Serotta and Look

[Apr 24, 2006]
Capo1

Strength:

Compared to my other bikes this is like going from a Ford to a Ferrari. The stiffness of the frame doesn’t mean an uncomfortable ride, it gives great feedback and confidence in all weathers, up the climbs and tucked in along the straights (I live in the UK and have a famile home in Italia so experience varied conditions). The geometry provides a quick response with even distribution. The Record Groupset is phenomenal, I used to have another top of the range make but the precision and quality of the Campi build equals the beautifully crafted frame; click and the gear is there just when you want it.

Still looking for one

When I bought this bike in the back of my mind I was determined to find a fault after hearing all the hype and was certainly wary of buying on-line. Though price was important to me I looked around for the best overall deal and got the best deal and best price from Maestro UK. For the first time I bought bike and didn’t hear just what I wanted to hear I got sound advise and was told where I was going wrong with my set-up from an experienced Mike Perry who, believe me, is some character (he has two sons who are retired pro’s and a younger son Marc who is doing his stuff as a pro in Belgium). Remember, this guy doesn’t fare fools and will tell you straight. He has the balls to say he doesn’t want to sell to you if he thinks the bike don’t fit but give him a go coz damn he knows his stuff.

I sent Mike my measurements etc and he put everything together. I had to wait for the frame but knowing that these are not mass-produced frames from some production line in the Far East so I was willing to wait for what I wanted (the paint work is fantastic, take a close look, it’s bellisima).

I would certainly buy mail order form Maestro again. I cant wait to get this bike to Italy this year for my annual Personal (and somewhat shorter) Giro d’Italia.

Trek