Coppi KCN Star Carbon Frames

KCN Star Carbon

The KCN Star's mainframe is made of Columbus Starship tubing in 6000 aluminum.Industry acclaimed Starship tubing exquisitely matched with Columbus Muscle carbon fork and seatstay.

wreathian   Road Racer [Jul 12, 2006]
Strength:

-Sharp as a razor
-Comfortable for long hauls
-Pro-level frame quality and character
-True Italian geometry
-Accelerates like a monster

-Availability (had to wait 7 months for my size)
-Price (but you get what you pay for)
-Rear dropouts could be more elegantly joined to chain stays (I'm really knit-picking here)
-Fidgety headset

An INCREDIBLE ride!

The KCN Star is an Italian steed eager to run. Everything about it makes you want to go fast.

It has an aluminum main triangle with a carbon fork and carbon seat and chain stays. While I was slightly apprehensive about the long term comfort of the aluminum, those concerns have been blown out the window. I compared it to full carbon and steel/carbon set-ups and, obviously, the KCN Star won out.

Only available as a frame/fork set, it is nice to build up your own ride. Even though I have been riding for a while, this was the first bike I have ever built up from scratch. A totally worthwile experience, I might add.

The stock headset can be a tad hard to work with, but once I had it adjusted and set it was fine.

Paint and finish were a hair below what I expected but they were still great. The rear dropouts are not as elegant as I have had in other Italian rides. Also, the paint job is love it or leave it. The bright blue lettering on the pearl black frame... well, love it or leave it.

Expensive but worth every penny for someone willing to push this race ready gem to its limit.