Cyfac Altec 2+ Course Frames

Altec 2+ Course

-Altec 2+ main triangle and chain stays
-Carve carbon seat stays w/replaceable derailleur hanger
-Carve carbon fork
-FSA Orbit integrated headset
-British bottom-bracket threads
-Sizes S,M,L,XL and custom
-Colors: Blue-cubed, Red/Yellow/Blue, and custom
-1150 grams (Size M)

Markus7766   Road Racer [Sep 22, 2003]
Strength:

The bike is incredibly stiff and responsive, so it acclerates and corners remarkably well. Given its recent introduction to the states, it is a unique ride.

None that I can add.

Prior to the purchase of my CYFAC, I was skeptical of this new breed of aluminum racing frames. I was concered that the bikes were disposable, good for a season of races, and uncomfortable so as to make those early season long and slow training rides an exercise in pain and misery. Suffice to say that the Cyfac Altec 2 with Carbon Seat Stays has won me over. In fact, I am continually amazed by the handling of this bike and I wonder why I ever rode anything else. The bike is rigid and stiff enough to permit you to rocket out of corners in crits and get a jump on the pack. Yet, the carbon stays make give the bike a forgiving ride quality that makes long slow rides not only bearable but enjoyable! Further, the bike descends like a falcon -- and if you ever take it upon yourself to test ride one, you will readily concur. The bike scores well on the aesthetic as well. The workmanship and welds are near perfect, and the paint schemes have a distinctive euro flair. Put simply, I have now been training and racing on this bike for the past 6 months and I can say without any pause that it is the best bike I have ever ridden. If you are looking to purchase a high end road bike for racing and training and you have the means, you would be a fool if you did not at least consider a frame from the Cyfac line.

Similar Products Used: Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel Ti Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel Steel Cannondale CAAD 7
OVERALL