Cyfac Gothica Frames

Gothica

Full-carbon rear drop-outs with replaceable derailleur hanger. T800H IM carbon fibre with 1K weave. Standard geometry features full-carbon lugs. Custom frames are completely lug-less and use Cyfac's hand-made custom production process. New exclusive Double-Stay 2 rear seat and chain stays. Internal brake cable routing. 100% Full-Carbon (including the drop-outs) sub-300 gram fork with integrated headset included. Frame weight medium, unpainted only 900 grams!

orange_julius   Road Racer [Feb 16, 2010]
Strength:

Supple ride with just enough communication with the road. Snappy characteristic makes spirited riding really fun.

Gives up a bit of stiffness compared to my other frames. Weight is not the lightest compared to other frames today. But I really should lose 10 pounds of my own weight, rather than 2 pounds of my bike's.

This is my third Cyfac, after a Nerv alu/carbon and a Nerv carbon. With the same wheels and similar parts, I can compare all three of them.

I loved the Nerv alu/carbon which I rode for years. It was a very nice balance between spirited riding and all-day comfort. The Nerv carbon added unabashed efficiency and speed, while giving up some comfort.

The Gothica though, is really something else. It is much more supple and comfortable than anything I have ridden before (Trek, LOOK). Yet it still has that really fun Cyfac feeling of snap when you stomp on the pedals or when you are carving turns.

Just like other Cyfacs, it took me almost no time to "understand" this frame. I think that this is the ultimate frame I have ridden so far. It may not be the stiffest frame, but it sure is really fun to ride!