Dolan Hercules Frames

Dolan Hercules Frames

• UD full carbon frame with aluminum dropouts, and integrated headset
• Dolan carbon fork (aluminum steerer)
• Alpina full carbon 31.6 seatpost

[Sep 28, 2016]
james Jones

Strength:

Light weight, great ride, fast, predictable. Frame set price

Not the easiest build. Seat tube bottle bosses too high. Finish under paint.

I am very happy with my Dolan Hercules. I built mine up with 105 5800,3T Rotundo bars, Mavic Kryshum wheels. One cannot expect better performance, especially on rough roads. I have even done stretches of dirt road, no problem. The frameset is as responsive as any and outstanding on climbs. It does not beat you up on long rides.
It did take some doing to hook-up the front derailleur as the feed thru hole aft of the bottom bracket brings the cable routing at a harsh angle for operation of the ft derailleur. It took a little adjusting but it came into alignment after a bit of fuss. It was a few rides before I trusted it enough but it all turned out ok. One real PIA is the braze-on for the bottle on the seat tube. It could be the smaller,52, frame size but I cannot fit other than the smallest of bottles in that spot. I feel this subtracts from its utility as an all day endurance machine however, a deli stop would be needed anyway. Some have complained about the boring black and white paint but I like it... a lot. To me it gives a kind of "formal" appearance. What I'm not sure I like is that in certain lighting I can see some of the lay-up under and it looks like flaws or cracks. Don't misunderstand, they are not cracks, just maybe irregularities.
Overall the Dolan Hercules has been solid over the course of 1 full season. Any racer or endurance , fondo or century rider would like it fine. I can recommend a Dolan product based on this experience.

Giant Advanced 2, 2008, Specialized Allez Elite, Cannondale CAAD 10, GT Edge, Vitus 992

[Dec 05, 2011]
Sean Butler

Strength:

Stiff but stable.

Beatiful ride on rough roads

Amazing bike.

BAck cycling after 20 years. Traded up to this from a Colnago SL frame.

Stiff as hell, very fast and yet very stable.

Carbon with a great ride over rough road.

A excellent buy

[Dec 23, 2008]
P.

Strength:

just a great bike. love the ride

boring black and white

what a great frameset. comfortable, rock solid, fits great, provides a very smooth ride, and stiff as hell

specialized sworks SL, GT pro