Fondriest Domino Carbon Frames

Domino Carbon

• Built with the same precision and attention to detail as the Top Carbon
  • Top shelf carbon frame

gimpydvm   Recreational Rider [Nov 17, 2005]

I actually have a Carbon Lex so this is not quite a review. In any case, my carbon lex developed a small crack in the frame at the end of the first season or riding. I am happy to report that Fondriest stands behind their warranty and replaced my frame no questions asked. It took a little while to hear from them but Will at Peloton Sports was very patient and easy to deal with (even when I wasn't!) Cant say enough about the bike and the company. The extra dollars you pay for a Fondriest are worth it.

OVERALL
grennie   Recreational Rider [Aug 31, 2005]
Strength:

Stiff, reduces road buzz substantially and smooths jolts. Climbs better than I can, reasonably priced for a carbon frame, and light.

NONE

This frame is amazing. I have now ridden it about 3,000 miles and I'm often still amazed. It is quite stiff for a carbon frame, actually similar to my previous Cannondale, except the BB is stiffer. Compared to other carbon bikes I tested it is much stiffer, but still smooths the buzz of chip seal and rough roads. I'm an older rider and one of the reasons I went to carbon, over my aluminum Canondale was comfort and to help keep up with my 20 something kids. I have not been disappointed!

Similar Products Used: Cannondale CAAD3, mid range Felts and lower end Treks.
OVERALL