Fondriest M. di Campiglio Frames

M. di Campiglio

Fondriest M. di Campiglio

Frame: Dedacciai 7003 HT

Gary Leeman   Recreational Rider [Jul 12, 2009]
Strength:

Comfortable, light, fast, great looking, super paint.

I originally looked at the frame because of the name Madonna Di Campiglio. Then I fell in love with the pictures, and bought it in 2004. I have ridden the Madonna for 15500 miles and it is my favourite bike of all time. What a perfect ride!

Larry Mautone   Road Racer [Oct 21, 2006]
Strength:

Very straight tracking, very stiff at bottom bracket. Climbs & accelerates great.Smooth ride from the Dedaccai 7003 tubes.The frame sold for around 1395. This is the BEST 360 I will EVER SPEND.

Can not think of a thing! If you can find one of these Framesets,you better grab it,since
Fondriest as left the US. What a shame, they
make High quality frames!

Wow,I got this frameset& it had 500 miles & it looks brand new. As a past owner of a Status carb&Carb level,I like this the best! It maybe 5-6 ounces heavier than he Carb level, but I do not care it so much stiffer at the bb, this bike keeps going forward! IT is a XXL & with Durace - weights 17lbs 5 ons. This framest surprised me- it is a 2003 model- if you can find one GRAB IT!

Similar Products Used: Merckx Team Sc, Fondriest Carb Level & Status Carb. Wilier Lavaredo (Altec 2 tubes)-Sweat Ride,Serotta , Original Merlin , Kestrel, Tesch,Ritchey Logic.I've had. I'm 52 years old ,riding for over 30
years. Ex- Cat 3 rider!
rayboz   Road Racer [Aug 27, 2003]
Strength:

Stiff yet soaks up vibrations well Lightweight, sweet paint job It's a Fondriest!

None - seriously

After reading up on several different frames, I decided the Madonna was my next bike. The fact that there was a huge sale on them sealed the deal. I have been riding a full carbon frame for nearly 8 years and wanted a change. This frame/fork is a great ride! I know that Aluminum is not supposed to be as stiff as carbon but this frame does not flex. The carbon front and rear soaks up vibrations really well. i've had back surgery and was worried about comfort - not an issue with the Fondriest. the frame looks fantastic as well - beautiful paint job. the domina drive headset is a nice feature. Frame is not quite as superlight as U models but being 6 ft and 185lbs, i wanted a solid ride. It climbs well- no flex. Stable steering and corners with confidence. Only negative (minor one) is the seatpost clamp - the bolt strips easily and is not a universal size. Other than that, I am extremely happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone.

Similar Products Used: Aegis Cannondale 2.8
dsgnwrks   Road Racer [May 05, 2003]
Strength:

Solid ride, stiff bottom bracket, carbons stays do their job and limit harsh road conditions, excellent fork/headset included

Not as light as other aluminum frames

Excellent frame set. Supple ride, yet very stiff where you need it to be. The fork/headset combination included with the frame is very solid and excellent looking as well. This is one of the best aluminum frames I have ridden.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale CAAD3, Cannondale CAAD4, Lemond Maillot Jaune (Aeroluminum), Bianchi XL EV2, Fondriest Megalu
yashcha   Road Racer [Mar 03, 2003]
Strength:

Very comfortable ride. Not superlight so no qualms about training on it every day, riding it on rough pavement and the occasional cobbles. Beautiful paint but not flashy which I like. Also, the customer service there is quite pleasant.

Paint not as strong as powdercoat, and not sure whether or not the epoxy that holds the seatstay and the frame together will hold for years to come. Can aluminum frames be repainted?

I have been riding this bike all through the winter in some of the crappiest weather possible down here in VA and also in Boston, through slush, potholes and what have you, so I can't wait to test it on some nice dry smooth roads! I am constantly amazed at how well this bike rides. Many say that the carbon seatstay is a gimmick and that proper tube manipulation is just as comfortable, but the Orbea Zonal and CAAD4 had crazy amounts of bending and shaping of the tubes, but just not as comfortable as my Fondriest. I especially like the fact that it looks like an integrated headset design, which I like, without it being the integrated design. What I mean is that any headset can be used for the frame, which is good for longevity, but the headset that comes with the frame makes the whole unit look seamless! Also the Mizuno Fork that comes with this frame is incredible. I was a bit worried that it had a carbon steerer tube, but the thing is seriously solid, and the fork, in my opinion, is way better than ouzo comp or any other fork I have had. Smooth, and much more forgiving going over potholes waiting for the unsuspecting cyclist. Fondriest recently became a direct dealer and the prices have droppped dramatically and I was upset for a while that I bought mine at full price, but every time I ride it, I forget about the price and just enjoy the nice ride. I hope to get myself a nice set of American Classic 420 wheels or Mavic Carbone in the future. I like Fondriest bikes so much, I ended up getting a Fondriest cross frameset as well.

Similar Products Used: Giant TCR, Orbea Zonal, C'dale CAAD 4, Colnago crystal, Ritchey logic, KHS aero turbo, Bianchi Trofeo, Giant CFr, Bridgestone RB2, Strong racing, Abici, SOma...