Fort Frames Ro.SLC-R Frames

Ro.SLC-R

• Two bottle mounts
  • Head tube cable stops on sizes
  • English 68mm BB
  • 31.8 front derailleur adaptor band
  • Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
  • Integrated headset
  • Seat post 27.2 mm (use 350mm min

Dfolsom   Recreational Rider [Jan 25, 2007]
Strength:

Rigid, but comfortable (love the carbon fork and stays). Great value. Beautiful to look at.

I have nothing but good things to say about the SLC-R (2005 version)frame and Chorus build kit I purchased from Fort USA. The frame is beautifully finished and a pleasure to ride. I absolutely agree with all of the positive comments from the previous posters. I will also say that you will be hard pressed to find a better value in a frame or build kit. I looked around (l.b.s. and internet), and I could not find a better deal. However, what was most amazing to me was the buying experience. The level of attention and service I received from Gregg at Fort USA was simply amazing! He answered every one of my many questions in great detail (it was an educational experience). He recommended everything from proper crank length to the best looking handlebar tape. I chose to build up the bike myself, but whenever I ran into an issue or question, Gregg was always an e-mail away. When I discovered that Campy no longer included cable guides with their kits, Gregg sent me a nice set of Dura-Ace guides, no cost to me. When I told him the stem seemed long, he consulted with me, reviewed pictures of my bike and ultimately express shipped a new stem. If you deal with Fort USA, there is absolutely no reason to be concerned about purchasing a frame/bike over the internet. I would definitely purchase from Fort USA again

Similar Products Used: 1970's vintage Raleigh Competition (a work of art), 1980's vintage Specialized Allez, early Trek carbon/aluminum (very creaky and flexi)
free_rideman   Road Racer [Jun 06, 2006]
Strength:

-everything!
-customer service, Gregg is so helpful!

-honestly none so far
-can't comment yet on durability, but I think it should last a long time.

I have been riding it for a while, and it is just an amazing frame. I purchased it with an FSA Orbit CF intergrated headset, and the Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork. The frame I have is actually the SLC-I model, with the Italian carbon stays, as opposed to the old reynolds stays that came with the frame. When riding this bike, all road vibrations disappear, and the actual geometry makes the bike even more comfortable. Very "flickable". Also, I love the attention to detail on the frame, and the paint job is very durable. Would definitely buy again!

Similar Products Used: Trek 1200, couple other bikes
efraer   Road Racer [Dec 20, 2004]
Strength:

Stiff, light, comfortable, and affordable. Great customer service.

None.

This frame is excellent! The multi-shaped 7005 aluminum tubeset, Reynolds carbon seat stays, compact geometry, and Reynolds Uzo Pro carbon fork combine for a bike that is laterally stiff, light enough to be a great race bike, and comfortable enough for all-day epic rides. The build quality is superb and the powder-coat paint is super durable. The Fort SLC-R can eaily compare with frames costing much, much more. Additionallly, the customer service from Gregg at Fort USA is excellent.

Similar Products Used: Time VX Special Pro Colnago VIP Felt F4R Bianchi Mega-Tube Ti LeMond Zurich
itsacarr   Road Racer [Jul 08, 2004]
Strength:

A very tight esponsive ride

N/A

Very responsive and torsionally stiff compared to previously owned ride. For the amount of fast descents, punchy climbs, and tight corners here in New England this bike leaves me feeling solid and confident. I also found the company to be very friendly and quick to lend help.

Similar Products Used: Felt F35
jwpeters   Road Racer [Jul 08, 2004]
Strength:

This bike truly excels in all aspects.

This bike is amazing. It's compact geometry increases its stiffness while decreasing weight. It rides beautifully. The carbon rear seatstays make long rides very enjoyable. This bike climbs great and sprints even better. It inspires confidence on descents and it's steering is very nimble and precise.