Giant 04 TCR AluxX SL Frames

04 TCR AluxX SL

B VILLANUEVA   Recreational Rider [Oct 23, 2006]
Strength:

weight, handling, ride quality. I have yet to experience any failure of any kind. The Frame itself absorbs a great deal of vibration and the light bend to the seat stays really takes some of the edge off of bumps.

Carbon forks are large aero blades that seem not to flex enough to dampen bumps as much as thinner, raked Carbon forks.

Hot bike in the Team ONCE TCR size small. Lightest, best handling bike I have ever ridden.

I came from a SUPER stiff C-dale 48 CM '89 Criterium 3.0 w/Carbon Forks and the Giant is every bit as stiff with a much more forgiving ride. I built it up with a mix of Ultegra, D/A shifters and Campy and it smokes. It looks fast standing still. I have seen/heard complaints of excessive flex but I weigh 225 and pound on this frame and anyone complaining of flex is just trying to brag. It has never been a problem with this frame. I have 2400 miles on it so far since January 2006.

Handling is terriffic. Compared to the bikes I have ridden before, I find the frame able to do anything I ask of it. The harder I push it the better it performs. I am still regularly suprised with its compliance and ride quality after almost a year. Sculpted chainstays are beautiful. Riding the C-dale was like falling down steps compared to the ride of this aluxx frame.

Similar Products Used: C-dale 48 CM '89 Criterium 3.0 w/Carbon Forks, Raleigh technium (aluminum frame)from mid 80's
OVERALL