Giant 2001 TCR 0 Frame Set Frames

Frame: SL ALUXX double butted aluminum, Compact Road Design
Fork: Giant Composite aero straightblade with alloy steer tube

[May 16, 2002]
Mike

Strength:

Super Light. I''m a weight weenie and love that a Large frame come in at 2.56 lbs...nice! Full carbon fork isn''t bad either. The bike is very smooth in the front end, while still maintaining a quick handling profile. Decently stiff in the BB, and very afforable. This bike is way more stable than my Bianchi, though maybe a tad harsher.

Creaky aluminum noise won''t go away. 3 sizes are somewhat limiting. Not the smoothest ride in the world, but not bad either.

I got the 2001 TCR Zero frameset last summer to replce my Bianchi XL EV2. I definitely have to stretch to fit in the Large size, as I have really long legs, but I guess that''s what I get for such a great deal.

Look KG 171 2000 Bianchi XL EV2

[Jun 28, 2001]
ben

Strength:

One of the lightest frames on the market. The compact design yields to an exremely stiff rear traingle. However, the required use of a longer seatpost allows the rear end to have a surprisingly supple ride to it. When you apply power to the pedals the bike feels as if it wants to "squirt" up the road. Very fast and agile bike.

The paint job is not bad but the stickers that are used are very poor quality.

Extremely light, comfortably stiff, and differant looking!

Cannondale

[Jul 04, 2001]
sonny

Strength:

very light, relatively inexpensive, stiff good handling

none so far

i just got the frame to replace my cro-mo frame, i was apprehensive at first to try aluminum but was seduced by the very light weight(1050 grms.), i was amazed that it wasn't as harsh as i expect it to be. in fact i think it's more forgiving than my columbus brain frameset. at this weight the price is cheap compared to high end framesets!
for those wary about alu's harsh ride try giant's TCR frame series,(same framesets diff colors) you'd be surprised. I should know, i've gone through 2 italian steel frames.