Griffen Kompresser Frames

Kompresser

• Lightness combined with stiffness and agility
  • Best Criterium and road-racing bike

JRunner   Recreational Rider [Sep 30, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff, responsive and light. Great paint job!

Absolutely None

Went from a classic steel road bike to the Griffen Kompressor. This bike is quick, responsive, stiff, and the damping others claim is legit. I put the bike together on July 4th (red, white and blue frame) and have over 1500 miles.

Similar Products Used: Colnago, Griffen Vulcan
fheeckman   Triathlete [Nov 10, 2007]
Strength:

stiff, responsive, fast, light, very comfortable ride.

I bid on this Vulcan frame at a charity event and won. I built it up and rode it in several triathlons.

Absolutely top quality frame and fork. Very stiff and fast. One of the best bikes I have ever ridden.

Similar Products Used: trek carbon, specialized
Joey   Recreational Rider [Dec 17, 2004]
Strength:

Smooth, Stiff and resposive all in one package.

People keep staring.

I won this frame at a local triathlon. I was not sure about coming off my Carbon TREK 5200 to go to what I believed was an expensive aluminum. Man was I wrong!!! After switching the parts and adding some upgrades I was amazed at how smooth this bike road. Responsive is not accurate psychic is a better word. I will never be able to go back to traditional materials. I got mine in Ferrari red. The police registration reads COLOR: red !!!! I'd give it a value rating of 5 even if I had paid for it; Thanks to Tony at Griffen and Terry at Tri Running (www.strengthandendurance.com) .

Similar Products Used: Giant OCR, Trek 5200, Trek mountain bikes
mattykspecialsauce   Road Racer [Dec 12, 2004]
Strength:

Stiff like the 04 Spec Sworks Aluminum bike I had yet ride with the smoothness of Carbon and very responsive and stable at speeds over 45 mph. Cool fade pain jobs too.

The griffen kompressor is the by far the most reponsive, stiff, and comfortable road bike that I have ridden. First ride out the bike took off my average speed increased and it is so stiff. But It also ride just like a full carbon, you dont get that jarring jackhammer feeling of a normal aluminum bike with Griffen and its Boron Carbide Aluminum Metal Matrix. There 3 kompressor frames. one has full aero tubing, one has just an sero down tube and the one i have is just traditional round tubes.