Hillman Custom Road Racing Frame Frames

Custom Road Racing Frame

Custom built bicycles from Australia

Tim   Commuter [Oct 06, 2002]
Strength:

A nice balance of comfortable ride versus weight & stiffness. This bike feels built to last!

None!

This is a fantastic bike for what I do (regular commuting & weekly longer rides....it's my primary means of transport) and I'm loving it! The staff at Hillman very helpful and the standard of workmanship and service is outstanding.

OVERALL
Bodin   Triathlete [Jan 20, 2002]
Strength:

"The Feel of Steel" - Responsive, compliant, but not mushy. Quality of workmanship. Custom geometry.

Could be stiffer and lighter. (Couldn''t everything?)

Wow. The Feel of Steel. After spending years getting all shook up on aluminium frames, the first few rides on the Reynolds 853 Hillman took me completely by surprise. The comfort factor is amazing! I''ve done epic 12-hour training rides without any sign of saddle soreness. It''s quick to respond to input as well, as I discovered when sprinting and climbing. There''s noticeable give in the frame, but the frame kicks back rather than soaks up your power. I''m 75kg, though, and would suggest that clydesdales might not get as much response as someone my weight or less. It could be lighter and stiffer, but the comfort factor spells less fatigue, which spells better riding. Looks great, too - the frame has many nice touches, such as internal cable routing and beautiful, old-fashioned lugs where the tubes join. Even has tiny rings either side of the head tube to stop the cables ruining the paint. This is an all-round, all-day bike, which really suits the sort of rider who, like me, can''t afford to have more than one bike. Now saving up to get a new group to turn this into my dream machine.