Leader Bike LD-780TT Frames

LD-780TT

The Ultimate TT frame for 2006. Unlike other frames this is not a show TT frame. 780TT is for real. With it’s welded solid aluminum seat tube cutout, 78 degree seat angle, CNC machined horizontal dropouts (with set screws), stiff yet comfortable reinforced pure carbon seat stays with aero wing chain stays (improves wind resistance). You get an extremely stable solid tight ride. Constructed from our new U.A.L. aluminum. If you have been waiting to take the lead now is the time!

Dave   Triathlete [Sep 06, 2011]
Strength:

Price, quality for price, rides very nice!

I have had this frame since 2006. It was my first dedicated Tri bike. I have had many bikes I used for time trials but wanted a reasonably priced bike to get into triathlons. This bike has been a great starter bike for tri's It has performed as well as any of the big name bikes I have ridden. The paint job is great and the frame has been very durable.

Similar Products Used: Blue Triad, Quitana Roo Caliente
OVERALL
edw-chicago   Triathlete [Sep 08, 2005]
Strength:

For the price, you really can't go wrong. Horizontally slotted rear wheel dropouts allowed me to get the wheel tight into the aero cutout. Great teardrop aero shape on all three main tubes. Stays are contoured for aero and the carbon does decent dampening. Forks (i806) are the best value available for an all carbon aero fork ($149 from Leader's eBay store). All welds are clean and smooth. Paint job is clean and smooth.

None so far.

I've had a slow progression from my mountain bike (a full suspension Giant Warp DS2) to road riding. It all culminated in training and competing in my first triathlon, which really got me hooked on road riding. Besides wanting a bike that would be competitive for triaths, I wanted a bike that suited my style of general training, which is hard, short, fast sprints of about an hour or so (I'm not into long tours). I found out about Leader Bikes from eBay stores, and subsequently read some reviews on their other frames. After seeing that their prices were considerably lower due to being a smaller company, I decided to use their 780TT for a road bike buildup. The 780TT is a brand new frame that consists of UAL aluminum with carbon seat stays. The frame geometry is perfect for aero riding, and I'll probably try my hand at some recreation TT's, as well as triathlons. The overall shape of the frame and tubing is really attractive and it just shouts of aerodynamic efficiency. The weight isn't bad at all, either (UAL U6 is lighter than 6061 or 7005 aluminum due to being stronger and subsequently thinner walled tubing). The geometry specs can be found on the Leader Bike website (www.leaderbikeusa.com). Leader also has a good warranty program that can also be found on their website. The forks don't specifically come with the frame, but Leader sells an aero fork (i806) at an excellent price to make a complete frameset. Both use the Cane Creek IS6 headset.

Similar Products Used: It wasn't a TT frame, but I used a Trek OCLV 120 for 3-4 months when training and performing in my first triath. It's a great bike, but a lot of money for not much difference in performance (in my opinion). Obviously can't be in a comfortable aero position on it, but I'm making my comparison to being on the bull bars of the 780TT vs. up on the bars (not in the drops) of the OCLV 120
OVERALL